Kubota Grease Points

/ Kubota Grease Points #1  

Squeak n Itch

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT-F
I have attemppted to follow a couple of videos that show how to apply grease to the pedal shaft of a Kubota L3130-DT-F but could not locate them on my 2003 Kubota. Were they removed from this model or am I missing something obvious?

/ Kubota Grease Points #2  
I'd bet they're still there. Mine are hard to find without a flashlight. Once I did find them (there are 3) I put yellow zerk colored caps on them. That makes them much easier to find next time. AND - they are very easy to overlook when greasing you tractor, but they are very important to keep lubricated!

/ Kubota Grease Points #3  
I finally found the grease zerk on my clutch linkage after owning the tractor three years. My Owners Manual showed it and after three years - and several "head knocking" sessions - it was found.

/ Kubota Grease Points
Interesting. The shaft for the clutch is above the clutch pedal and beneath the dashboard trim panel.

1) neither the Work Shop manual (WSM) nor the instruction manual for the L3130 indicates that there are any Zerk fittings on this shaft.

2) Have removed the trim cowl and still am unable to see a Zerk on this shaft.

3) The videos I've watched regarding the greasing points show them beneath the tractor deck.

Can anyone clear this up?
Thank you.

/ Kubota Grease Points #5  
Sometimes an easy way to find zerks is just feel around all of the nooks and crannies with your fingers; don't even try to find them with your eyes.

/ Kubota Grease Points
Turns out that there are no Zerk fittings on the pedal shaft. I was able to apply a thorough coating of gear oil.

/ Kubota Grease Points #7  
I'm glad you firmly learned that you weren't going completely crazy. A zerk-less shaft is a very good idea as long as it stays free. Being underneath the tractor sure leads to an opportunity for dirt to gum every thing up, even with the zerks.

Sorry you received all of the incorrect suggestions, even from me, about you simply not finding the zerks - that were never there to start with.

/ Kubota Grease Points
First, thank you to all who took the time to read and respond. I did find that the cowl is much easier to remove and reinstall if you take off the plastic end to the throttle handle. Just that inch or two helps a lot.
All is reassembled now. Thanks again for the feedback.
Bruce