Kubota HD 72" round back bucket

/ Kubota HD 72" round back bucket #1  

Bswope

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3540
Dose anyone have one of these on their tractors or ever seen one? Im just trying to see if the price difference is worth it and how much heavier this bucket is compaired to the 72" square back bucket?

The dealer said they have never sold one and havent seen one yet but said its like a $350-400 difference from the 72" square back.

Thanks
Buddy

/ Kubota HD 72" round back bucket #2  
Have one on my L4240,the bucket on your tractor is the most used implement for most people.Why not get the heavy version.On mine I have added a Thumb and tooth-bar.If you plan on doing any digging,heavy lifting go with the 72 round-back.

/ Kubota HD 72" round back bucket #3  
I have a Heavy Duty bucket on my L5030, but I believe it is the square back. We couldn't get a HD bucket on our M8540 and have already managed to bend the top. I won't buy another standard duty bucket.

/ Kubota HD 72" round back bucket
Im thinkin im just gonna get the HD bucket, I operate heavy machinery for a living so ive been use to heavy equipment so the HD bucket just makes sence to me the more I think about it!

/ Kubota HD 72" round back bucket #5  
Depending on what tractor you are building on Kubota's website, there is different verbiage on the 72" roundback buckets. Some are referred to as heavy duty and some do have have the heavy duty wording in the description.

I could be totally wrong, but I have a hard time believing you can get a "heavy duty" 72" roundback bucket for a grand L but only a "standard" 72" roundback on an M8540. I wonder if it is the same 72" roundback bucket. I would love to see pics. I have no problem posting pics of mine for reference.

I wonder if the price premium is going from the squareback to the roundback... and not really a heavy duty feature.

Would love to know...

/ Kubota HD 72" round back bucket #6  
I've wonder the same thing myself. From the price list there is a 153 lb difference in weights between the two buckets for a LA724 used on the L3540.

Here are the buckets:
L2235 72” Square Back Bucket 247 $ 677.00
10.9 cu. ft. Struck, 13.1 cu. ft. Heaped

L2296 72” Heavy Duty Round Back 400 $ 1,050.00
10.9 cu. ft. Struck, 13.1 cu. ft. Heaped
(Pre-Drilled for Opt. TL1748 Edge)

TL1748 Bolt-on Reversible Cutting Edge (72”) for 65 $ 227.00
L2296 and L2245

TL2143 Bolt-on Reversible Cutting Edge (60”) for L2244 45 $ 211.00

L2236 72” Light Material Bucket 323 $ 649.00
12.7 cu. ft. Struck, 16.0 cu. ft. Heaped

Something must be very different to account for the weight difference.

Can some one with the HD Round Back post a picture?

Last edited:
   / Kubota HD 72" round back bucket #7  
Depending on what tractor you are building on Kubota's website, there is different verbiage on the 72" roundback buckets. Some are referred to as heavy duty and some do have have the heavy duty wording in the description.

I could be totally wrong, but I have a hard time believing you can get a "heavy duty" 72" roundback bucket for a grand L but only a "standard" 72" roundback on an M8540. I wonder if it is the same 72" roundback bucket. I would love to see pics. I have no problem posting pics of mine for reference.

I wonder if the price premium is going from the squareback to the roundback... and not really a heavy duty feature.

Would love to know...

I could have gotten the HD bucket on our M8540 if I had ordered the tractor, but they didn't have any in stock. They said it would take four to six weeks to get one and since our CX80 had gone toes up, we couldn't wait that long.

Here are the best pictures of our buckets I have.

Would love to know...

Im looking at the HD round back for my (not here yet) L3540, Kubota's site shows 3 different buckets for them.
My dealer said their other dealership sold one but they didnt get to see it before it left for delivery. He is gonna see if they have some pics of it so we can get a better look at one.

Moship my L3540 has a LA724 loader, was the LA703A the older loaders? Sorry man im new to the Kubota tractors and VERY VERY excited to be on board!

/ Kubota HD 72" round back bucket #9  
Bswope,

My mistake on the loader model number. I fixed the original post and added a few more p/n's for the buckets and their options. The numbers before the price is the shipping weight. Please keep in mind the prices are from 2009.

Bswope,

My mistake on the loader model number. I fixed the original post and added a few more p/n's for the buckets and their options. The numbers before the price is the shipping weight. Please keep in mind the prices are from 2009.

Prices must be the same cause the dealer told me on the phone said the HD was like $1,050 but didnt want to quote me cause he wasnt the salesman I am working with so im hoping he can bring that price down abit on it when I go to do the paper work tomorrow.
He did tell me they have a loaner bucket there that I could use till mine comes in if I chose to go with the HD bucket.