Kubota Insurance

/ Kubota Insurance #21  
KTAC would be about $375 per year and a $250 deductible. If you file one claim, the combination in money saved with KTAC (deductible + annual payment) is better than both the CNH and farm policy. Just saying... :)

Not necessarily...

CNH was $189 per year with a $250 deductible. Is KTAC still better?

If you have one claim every 5 years, the CNH policy is still better than the KTAC insurance even with the $1,000 deductible. Just saying.

If I have a $300 mishap with my tractor, I’m not making an insurance claim regardless of annual rates or deductibles. Insurance to me is for substantial or catastrophic losses.

CNH also covers any manufacturers equipment. Not so with KTAC.

/ Kubota Insurance #22  
Question was asked why rates varied from state to state: laws of the different states, competition and losses in that state. They probably are some other reasons. Not sure if true any more but at one time there was more than one Farm Bureau, here it was Farm Bureau of South Carolina but think they are part of the National organization.

/ Kubota Insurance #23  
I had an $8K damage claim paid by KTAC. Two phone calls, an email, and take to dealer for repairs. I doubt any HO insurance would cover that damage claim; ie, large limb falling on the instrument cluster and concurrent in time a busted HST fan, the mechanics blamed for some HST problems that required a rebuild. I am still insuring W/KTAC. Penny wise and pound foolish is bad policy. It always amazing me; folks buy a $20-$30K tractor and quibble over a couple hundred/YR for the best insurance.

Ron

/ Kubota Insurance
Well, after some back and forth and waiting, my agent got back to me and I learned some new things:

$90 a year, $0 deducible. L3560 insured for $30,000, on/off property and in transit.

It was a personal property coverage add-on to my home owners insurance policy using what they called a "scheduled" item. Scheduled items have no deducible.

/ Kubota Insurance #25  
I get amazed on this topic every time it comes up here. Please realize insurance like this is regulated at the state level and not Federal. So what a company does in one state may be very different than another state. That being said I expect a dedicated company such as the one JD uses and Kubota to be very similar if not the same in every state. But with the other companies you can find some important differences from state to state even to the point they may sell in one state and not that product in another.

Ask advice all you want but do the verifying for your self in your state with the companies you are considering. The brochure whether on line or printed giveth and the contract taketh. YOU READ the contract. Ask the agent to show YOU in the contract where it covers what they told you. If they can not then it probably does not. Too often I have had people (yes I am an insurance agent) tell me they were told by their agent or company such was covered and me knowing the whole time the next words would be, but when I had a claim it was not. You have to read and understand the whole policy. The area of such as scheduled item may read how it covers but in the main contract there is a clause that reads something like but not for hire or any business venture which means the accident that happened while you were doing a favor for a neighbor might be looked at as a business venture.

/ Kubota Insurance #26  
I did mine at 80%...but you have to call them as the dealers want to sell you the 100% policy.

They call it insurance but it feel more like interest to me.....but I guess that "feeling" changes when you need it.

/ Kubota Insurance #27  
I get amazed on this topic every time it comes up here. Please realize insurance like this is regulated at the state level and not Federal. So what a company does in one state may be very different than another state. That being said I expect a dedicated company such as the one JD uses and Kubota to be very similar if not the same in every state. But with the other companies you can find some important differences from state to state even to the point they may sell in one state and not that product in another.

Ask advice all you want but do the verifying for your self in your state with the companies you are considering. The brochure whether on line or printed giveth and the contract taketh. YOU READ the contract. Ask the agent to show YOU in the contract where it covers what they told you. If they can not then it probably does not. Too often I have had people (yes I am an insurance agent) tell me they were told by their agent or company such was covered and me knowing the whole time the next words would be, but when I had a claim it was not. You have to read and understand the whole policy. The area of such as scheduled item may read how it covers but in the main contract there is a clause that reads something like but not for hire or any business venture which means the accident that happened while you were doing a favor for a neighbor might be looked at as a business venture.

KT, as an insurance agent I am sure you have done a detailed analysis of KTAC vs the types of coverage offered by other companies and HOIs. My evaluation is that KTAC covers more casualties than any other insurance plan I researched including my HOI and provides the best value. Have you found that to be true? If insurance agent ethics prohibit you answering this we will understand.

Ron

/ Kubota Insurance #28  
KT, as an insurance agent I am sure you have done a detailed analysis of KTAC vs the types of coverage offered by other companies and HOIs. My evaluation is that KTAC covers more casualties than any other insurance plan I researched including my HOI and provides the best value. Have you found that to be true? If insurance agent ethics prohibit you answering this we will understand.

Ron

No, have not done a detail study on the different companies. Only the ones I have used. I looked at my homeowners, I looked at stand alone commercial and that was what I carried for several years. Then used JD company when I bought a JD tractor. One thing can say about the insurance (sorry the name of the company they use I do not remember but not a JD owned company) from JD was how well the company worked with JD dealership for they had a true working relationship.The insurance company knew what a front end loader was and why it being twisted was not good. They also knew a twisted FEL was not good and trying to straighten it might not be safe.

/ Kubota Insurance #29  
one of my guys put my excavator under saltwater- total loss- KTAC covered the recovery, transportation back to the dealer, loss of equity and paid off my loan all with a $250 deductible.
I can't even describe how painless they made the entire process- they were on my side all the way and my current equipment is insured with them also.

/ Kubota Insurance #30  
Does anyone know the pricing on these insurance premiums? My dealer says it's $14.00 per thousand