Kubota...Kioti????

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #31  
The rumor that Kioti's are just old version Kubota's or built under license have been around for a long time. I don't know if there is any fact behind those rumors. But the engine, trans, differential and hydraulics are all greatly different. (After all the Kioti weight is 5-800 pounds more, so how can the guts of the tractor be the same?) Only the sheet metal 'looks' the same. You decide.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #32  
There are some common castings between the LK series tractors and Kubota's L210 from 1970-1972. I am not sure what the exact Kioti model is any more. We once stumbled upon a Woods backhoe subframe that listed both the Kubota and Kioti models. Thus the rumor that the parts are the same, interchangeable, etc. In this one, specific instance on a 40-year old Kubota maybe somewhat true. I am not sure if Kioti bought these castings, or if Kubota was providing them under contract.

Last edited:
   / Kubota...Kioti???? #33  
As someone else mentioned earlier, if you're going to consider a Kioti, you ought to look at Mahindra as well. I honestly think the quality on Kioti and Manindra have brought them up above most all of the other lesser known manufacturers and I wouldn't be afraid of buying either. In my particular situation, I have several JD and Kubota dealers in my area and they have been having a price war for several years now. The comparable Kioti or Mahindra tractors were no less expensive new for me than JD or Kubota. With that fact along with the fact that both the JD and Kubota dealers had large, modern and well equipped service and parts departments vs the very small dealerships that were 10X the distance from me for the other brands, my decisions have been fairly easy so far. I really hope one of my local larger dealers take on Kioti and/or Mahindra in the future.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #34  
We've been seeing chassis changes in the larger farm tractors that allow us to better ballast them for performance not only in pulling but also for the total operation. Kubota has been changing it's chassis in the same way. AS some of the companies that copy the others catch up they to will be changing the chassis's to be lighter and structually stronger with the newer styles.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #35  
It's also worth mentioning that lighter tractors are better for transporting for us guys using them to make money.

Lighter tractor equals smaller trailer, smaller truck equals less cost.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #36  
This thread is interesting. In all likelyhood, we would not have had this comparison 10 years ago, maybe even more recently than that. That fact alone tells me something....... but I'm not sure what. :)

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #37  
ChuckinNH said:
This thread is interesting. In all likelyhood, we would not have had this comparison 10 years ago, maybe even more recently than that. That fact alone tells me something....... but I'm not sure what. :)

It tells you that competiton is a great thing. It's great that we live in a country where we are allowed access to the best the world has to offer.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #38  
Builder said:
It tells you that competiton is a great thing. It's great that we live in a country where we are allowed access to the best the world has to offer.

Good competition also keep prices in check:D ...unless they are ALL in collusion.:eek:, and I don't think that's happening;)

Podunk

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #39  
Builder said:
It's also worth mentioning that lighter tractors are better for transporting for us guys using them to make money.

Lighter tractor equals smaller trailer, smaller truck equals less cost.

That is true, but also the heavier weight also transfers more power to the ground. This enables a tractor to do more work with less effort.

/ Kubota...Kioti???? #40  
greggh said:
That is true, but also the heavier weight also transfers more power to the ground. This enables a tractor to do more work with less effort.

It also depends on the types of jobs you are doing. Ground engaging chores like pulling plows, box blades, etc... would benefit from more weight and traction, while jobs like mowing nice lawns or finish landscaping would benefit from a lighter footprint. We need to pick our tools based on the jobs we need to do.