Kubota / Kioti

/ Kubota / Kioti #11  
Our local Kioti dealer is really small with not much of a selection, so I really never gave one serious consideration. I am sure they are fine tractors.

Same here...I did stop in once, sign on door made from cardboard.." gon to lunch, back in 15". That was a $14K lunch for him...:laughing::laughing:

/ Kubota / Kioti #12  
Same here...I did stop in once, sign on door made from cardboard.." gon to lunch, back in 15". That was a $14K lunch for him...:laughing::laughing:

You are probably way ahead of the game anyway. To me dealer support is really important and since I keep stuff a long time, at some point I am probably going to need a good shop.

/ Kubota / Kioti #13  
Around me they keep opening and closing. I think one of the places though will last.

/ Kubota / Kioti #14  
I've owned 5 tractors since 1970 2 kub. ac, green and the kioti, I'll take the kioti, one fine tractor.

/ Kubota / Kioti #15  

;) Are you one of those guys who goes to the 15 Minute Oil Change shops with a stopwatch? :laughing:

/ Kubota / Kioti #16  
Not saying I would have purchased, but I would have looked IF the local dealer that was in the phonebook wasn't already closed down!.
For me, a tractor purchase was a 20 year relationship... meaning I will most likely keep this tractor for 20 years. I want to be able to purchase parts as long as possible. The dealership where I purchased my kubota has been here for atleast 20 years, whereas the Kioti dealers don't seem to stay longer than 20 weeks???..

/ Kubota / Kioti #17  
I wanted to buy a Kubota but the local dealer wouldn't hardly give me the time of day . When i went to the local Kioti dealer , who was twice as far away ,he was very helpfull and supportive ,free delivery . price break on the first oil change , hats ,tee shirts He is very welcoming when i drop in there . I have even sent a friend in there and he bought a new tractor there as well I have very happy with the Kioti 500 hrs of farm work and not one problem so far .

/ Kubota / Kioti #18  
;) Are you one of those guys who goes to the 15 Minute Oil Change shops with a stopwatch? :laughing:

Hey, its supose to be 15 minutes Right?

I figured if the dealer wasn't big enough to have anyone around at 1pm for sales, then service wasn't gonna be any better...

/ Kubota / Kioti #19  
Not saying I would have purchased, but I would have looked IF the local dealer that was in the phonebook wasn't already closed down!.
For me, a tractor purchase was a 20 year relationship... meaning I will most likely keep this tractor for 20 years. I want to be able to purchase parts as long as possible. The dealership where I purchased my kubota has been here for atleast 20 years, whereas the Kioti dealers don't seem to stay longer than 20 weeks???..

I think Korean manufacturers as a whole are addressing that issue. I, too, have no Kioti dealers around me. I had four of them, but they all went under in short order. However, they were all either roadside yard barn gravel lot dealerships or the one that had Kioti, Belarus and some brand I forgot the name of. In other words, it's probably better for Kioti that they are gone. Heck, as far as I know, Kioti may have pulled their franchise.

I'm pretty certain I've heard that some of the smaller Kioti dealers are upset because if they are not a good sized stocking dealer, Kioti is either pulling their franchise or is putting in another dealer basically on top of them who will represent the product well. Hyundai/Kia has made it clear in Automotive News that they are going to clean house with small underproducing dealers and dealers who do not provide top notch service to their customers.

I think it goes without saying that Kubota has a world-class product. I also now think that the Korean products are either now world-class products or soon will be. So far in 2010, 2007 and newer Korean vehicles (Hyundai and Kia) have had better reliability statistics than Toyota! I used to always buy Whirlpool refrigerators, washers and dryers. They were made in my home town! Quality was top notch. Their products I have purchased in the last 5 years have been absolutely terrible! I can't be alone in thinking that either. The Whirlpool plant in my town has been making Whirlpool products since they quit making P47 aircraft for WWII. Now they are closed. I bought a Samsung refrigerator early this year and love it.

My only point is that I think Kioti has been severely hampered by a poor distribution system in many parts of the country here in the US. It may have taken them a while, but I think they now are making the tough decisions and are putting in dealers that your typical JD or Kubota customer would feel comfortable walking in and looking at their product. I use myself as an example; I would have never dropped $40k or $50k for a tractor when the dealership was a yard barn. If a nice Kioti dealer springs up close to me in the next 5 years or so, I guarantee you that I'll look at their DK90 (or perhaps something bigger if they have it) and shop it against JD and Kubota.