Kubota Kommander

/ Kubota Kommander #11  
I would like to add the cut looks very good. It should with the three blades and 18000fpm speed.

/ Kubota Kommander #12  
Has anyone noticed there are different model z100 series residential mowers this year? I got a flyer from the local dealer. In there it lists the zg100 series and a z100 series.

On Kubotas website it appears that that HP for the motors has changed. Still a Kohler and Briggs.

It shows z100 series now instead of the zg.

/ Kubota Kommander #13  
All OPE companies are changing their engine HP numbers this year because the engine companies where overstating the horsepower. Someone sued Briggs, Kohler, etc and won. Its the same engine, but because the HP numbers dropped they changed the model number to reflect that.

/ Kubota Kommander #14  
All OPE companies are changing their engine HP numbers this year because the engine companies where overstating the horsepower. Someone sued Briggs, Kohler, etc and won. Its the same engine, but because the HP numbers dropped they changed the model number to reflect that.

Thank you for the clarification.

/ Kubota Kommander #15  
Hello Markpx, as a new member just read "thread", from Jul 2013. I just took delivery of a ZG123S about 10 days ago and have cut grass 3 times. So far, a great machine. I had a 3000 series Cub Cadet, so at 73 yrs. old, just getting use to the zero turn, I'm doing well. I also checked out the Bad Boy at Tractor Supply as my neighbor has one. I decided on the Kubota for two main reasons. Many dealers in my area for service and/or parts. Guarantee is great. Have no idea where you would get Bad Boy repaired. Good Luck

/ Kubota Kommander
Welcome Mr Man. Glad to hear you like your mower. What Would you say about the cut quality? My John Deere tractor cut really well, hoping to get somethint that cuts as nicely. Is the Kohler fairly quiet when mowing? I would think with the engine in the rear it would help, I've never had a Kohler, hoping to try one out in next couple weeks but also looking at other models in the meantime. Thanks for posting.

/ Kubota Kommander #17  
Hey, thanks for the welcome Jimmy Joe. I cut grass today about acre and a half. The cut is really very good, I am pleased so far. My Cub Cadet cut quite well also, but I'm a fuss pot for keeping blades sharp and deck pretty clean. The deck on the Cadet deck design made a lot of noise. The Kubota is quieter but, I always use ear plugs regardless of either machine. Both the Cadet and Kubota have Kohler Engines which I really like. My first Cadet had a Briggs, and it surged back and forth all the time. Happy with the Kohler engines. The only down fall so far is I noticed the Kubota uses a lot of fuel compared to the Cub. But, I only have 4 hours on the Kubota. I hopes this helps you out.

/ Kubota Kommander #18  
I got my grass catcher put on last week. So far so good, it is working great!

/ Kubota Kommander #19  
Any updates from Kommander owners? I am really thinking hard about buying one next week... I have a great dealer nearby and would like to continue doing business with them. That is my primary motivation to buy a Kubota vs other brands. Plus it will match my BX when in the garage... All so important :laughing:

/ Kubota Kommander #20  
Hello walker450. I'm in the middle of cutting grass right now (taking a break), just checking my mail and saw your message. I have a ZG123S 48 inch deck with about 12 hours on it. So, far it exceeds my expectations. Runs like a clock, cuts beautiful. No complaints or faults so far. Go for it......LOL Good Luck.