Kubota, Kubota or Farmtrak

/ Kubota, Kubota or Farmtrak #1  

chambers1517

I have 5.5 acres that we are in the process of building on. I will have about 3 acres to mow and a 1400 foot gravel driveway. The driveway is pretty steep and will require lots of attention. I want to start with a boxblade and tractor, then a RFM and finally a loader. I am haveing a hard time chooseing between a Kubota b7800 HSD. Kubota L3400 manual, or a Farmtrak 320 DTC. The 7800 drives really well. The 320DTC is similar in size but about 500lbs heavier. And the L3400 is quite a bit larger. The 7800 is the tractor my dealer recomends but I am haveing a hard time overlooking the size difference. I also like the HSD on the 7800. The 7800 would be better for mowing but if I got into some heavy pulling the heavier tractors would be better, especially the L3400. These 3 tractors are within 200 dollars of each other and I can't help but feel like I am getting more with a heavier tractor. Thanks for any help.

/ Kubota, Kubota or Farmtrak #2  
You need a MF GC 2310 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DougM

/ Kubota, Kubota or Farmtrak #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Duplicate Thread: B7800 hsd or L3400 )</font>

Boy, if they ever give out a prize for catching those duplicate threads, you'll win hands down. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota, Kubota or Farmtrak #5  
Jeez, I was thinking the same thing. He must have software that does it cause it's amazing response time.

/ Kubota, Kubota or Farmtrak #7  
I'd get the 7800, you can add weight to it for the occasional time that the machine might be too light... You will be glad you got the hst.

/ Kubota, Kubota or Farmtrak
I actually looked at the MF 2310. I liked it. My dealer sells both MF and Kubota. He has been selling the Massey for 30 years and the Kubota for about 5. I thought the Kubota would be higher but it wasn't. I said I wanted the Massey because parts were cheaper. He wanted me to talk to the service manager about which parts were cheaper, I did. He said Kubota parts were cheaper (by far). He then took me in the shop. They had 11 tractors. 10 Massey, 1 Kubota. He asked what was wrong with the Kubota and the mechanic said he was installing a FEL on it. The mechanics said the Kubotas were rock solid and didn't break. I like the look of the Massey but the dealer said the Kubotas were hard to beat. This is a huge dealership and they sell a lot of tractors. I guess they would know. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't trashing the Masseys, but this is everything that came out after about 2 hours look at both.

/ Kubota, Kubota or Farmtrak #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They had 11 tractors. 10 Massey, 1 Kubota. He asked what was wrong with the Kubota and the mechanic said he was installing a FEL on it. The mechanics said the Kubotas were rock solid and didn't break. )</font>

Makes sense that they would have a lot of Masseys in the shop if they've been selling them for 30 years. They've only been selling Kubotas for 5 years. I suspect they've sold a whole lot more masseys over the years.

Cliff