Kubota L-285 Steering Gear

/ Kubota L-285 Steering Gear #1  

centell

Bronze Member
Tractor
3010 Kubota with 482 frt loader
Can anyone help me. My steering gear brg. played out and ruined the main shaft. Where can I get a used completed steering box or the main shaft. Your help appreciated.
The tractor is a L-285 Kubota Diesel. Thank You>
James

/ Kubota L-285 Steering Gear #2  
Hi James,

I'm in the same boat as you, but my gear box is blown out. I am looking for a complete assembly, but have had little luck. I have come across a few sources though for the Shaft/Ballnut.

Sparex P/N S.70650 is an aftermarket for this part. If you can find a sparex dealer, I would guess they could get it for you.

If I end up getting a completely new unit, I could hook you up with the internal parts from my steering gearbox which are still in great shape. I'll let you know if I find a complete unit as well.

- Jeff

/ Kubota L-285 Steering Gear #3  
James,

I bit the bullet and had to purchase the steering housing to rebuild my L285 steering gear box. Upon further inspection, my shaft was chewed up a bit so I ordered a new one as well. I found one on ebay from seller "mytractorparts" but also found one here: Best Farm Parts - Replacement Parts for Tractors and Farm Implements. - Steering

I hope this helps and good luck if you haven't already taken care of this.

- Jeff

Can anyone help me. My steering gear brg. played out and ruined the main shaft. Where can I get a used completed steering box or the main shaft. Your help appreciated.
The tractor is a L-285 Kubota Diesel. Thank You>
James