Kubota l 2900 cracked head?

/ Kubota l 2900 cracked head? #1  

dkshooter

Hey guys the hits just keep on comming :( just heard from the shop the valve seats are cracked on my head. Can these be repaired? Any ideas where I might find a replacement?
Thanks

/ Kubota l 2900 cracked head? #2  
I'm no expert....why not have the shop replace all the cracked valve seats....or are they part of the alumium head.....then you will need a rebuilt or good used replacement cylinder head... just my 2 cents.....AMPA :):):)

/ Kubota l 2900 cracked head?
They do seem to be part of the head and a used 1 would be great if I could find one.

/ Kubota l 2900 cracked head? #4  
:)Dkshooter....almost all Kabota dealers should be able to supply you with one new or used...unless your tractor is a real old model....I can get engine parts for my grey market ISEKI....and this one I own is real old lets guess 79-80....Case International model 255..... sports the same engine as whats in my tractor....check who made the engine in your Kabota....and you'll be quite surprised how many other models and brands that use your same engine....take care....AMPA :):):)

/ Kubota l 2900 cracked head? #5  
:)Dkshooter....almost all Kabota dealers should be able to supply you with one new or used...unless your tractor is a real old model....I can get engine parts for my grey market ISEKI....and this one I own is real old lets guess 79-80....Case International model 255..... sports the same engine as whats in my tractor....check who made the engine in your Kabota....and you'll be quite surprised how many other models and brands that use your same engine....take care....AMPA :):):)

I think the L2900 was made in the late '90's and was a U.S. model so I'm sure you're right about dealer parts availability.

Not meaning to steer this thread away from it's intent but I am curious about your Iseki, what model is it? I have owned a number of grey model tractors/brands and still have an '83 Mitsubishi MTE2000D. The IH254(produced 1982-'85 w/ K3D engine) and CIH 255 (produced 1986-'92 w/ K3E engine) were made by Mitsubishi and have a lot of similarity to the MTE2000's. They are not a complete crossover but do have a great deal of similarity with the biggest difference being the MTE2000D has the K3F engine. I am surprised to hear that your Iseki has a Mitsubishi K3E engine. The reason I ask is since we both own some old grey market machines, if there are some other similarities to your tractor it would be potentially handy information if a hard to find part was ever needed.
Thanks.

/ Kubota l 2900 cracked head? #7  
The grey market ISEKI 4x4 has two sets of numbers one being the Japanesse # TX1704 and in brackets (G174) in my BOLENS tractor manual....for which I've been told is the same tractor...a little confusing but all the same both use the same 3 cylinder diesel engine you mentioned....I know this ISEKI uses the same engine as a CASE International as I needed a muffler gasket for mine when I removed it to get the side shroud off to get access to the starter on mine and ordered it using the CASE INTERNATIONAL 255 as a reference even the parts guy was surprised it had the same engine so if it didn't fit I owned it as they had to order this gasket...I'm not too sure if the displacement is the same as it may have more than 17 hp but that wouldn't be a problem as the outer parts are all the same including waterpump/injector pump/starter etc......like I mentioned I found this out this year looking at an old CASE INTERNATIONAL 255...I know for sure that the air filter is KABOTA as well because this is where I ordered a new air filter for mine and it was exactly the same as the dirty old one( 2 dead field mice were inside the filter housing) I replaced when I first bought my tractor....they couldn't help me on the fuel filter so I just installed an inline filter for now....but now I can get the original fuel filter for the the fuel bowl from a 255 Case International....anyhow here is the real proof that should help plenty of people out that own grey market tractors like the ISEKI......take care.....AMPA........:):):)

/ Kubota l 2900 cracked head? #8  
Actually, your model has the Mitsubishi KE75-11GF engine. Many of the Mitsubishi engines do have some parts crossover, which would explain the the CIH 255 manifold gasket. It is however a much different engine internally than the K3E. The K3E is approximately 1.1 liter 24 HP engine and the KE75-11GF is .164L. 17 HP.

I don't know how much this info on the subject matters, just thought you may be interested.

/ Kubota l 2900 cracked head? #9  
This ISEKI I own has very low hrs....I have a hunch this tractor will out live me....as long as I maintain it as I've been doing.....this tractor runs like a top....the guy I bought it from kept it well maintained....I changed the oil and filter when I first bought it last year and ploughed snow all last winter and cut grass with it this past summer when I bought a 3pt used Douglas Finish mower for which I had to rebuild....I figured I'd change the oil and filter before the cold weather sets in...I now have an all season unit I can depend on....and I'm very sorry for high jacking this post....but when questions are asked I answer them to the best of my knowledge and yes I'm always interested on information and I thank you ever so much for your sincere input Darryl....like I mentioned I'm no expert but as long as some parts fit I can keep this baby runnin' for a long, long time.....take care.....Ampa

/ Kubota l 2900 cracked head? #10  
Valve seats can be cut and a new seat installed at many machine shops and probably would be around 100 or possibly less. I haven't had any done lately.