Kubota L 2950 Transmission trouble. Help please!!!

/ Kubota L 2950 Transmission trouble. Help please!!! #1  

manugoss

Today I was driving my kubota L 2950 GST backwards in (4 th gear 1000 rpm) when all of a sudden, the engine stalled almost as if the transmission locked. I restarted the tractor and it did not go frontwards or backwards. It seems like it is always in neutral. I can put the reverse and put it in any of the 8 gear and it does nothing at all. If I press on the cluch and shift, once in a while, it will kind of lock and the engine would stall if I tried to fully release the clutch. Does anyone have any idea of what the problem could be?

/ Kubota L 2950 Transmission trouble. Help please!!! #2  
Unfortunately, if you don't see anything obvious outside (where the clutch and gearshift linkage goes into the case), it may require going in to the tranny. If there is a pan under the transmission, pull if off (drain the fluid first, of course) and take a look.
Might be something as simple (relatively speaking) as a broken shift linkage jamming up the works, but I suspect you have a broken gear in there.

I doubt it'll help by continuing trying to shift and you may do more damage.

/ Kubota L 2950 Transmission trouble. Help please!!! #3  
We haven't had anything that has been a known problem but it sounds like it's a shifting mechanism problem.

/ Kubota L 2950 Transmission trouble. Help please!!!
I am not a mechanics expert but a shifting mechanism problem would be more lik it. It was going 100% before it broke and I dont use the tractor for very hard work. If it iis a shifting mechanism problem, is it all inside the transmission or I can start by checking stuff outside. Could it be the one of the GST shifting hydraulic component? Thanks

Manuel

/ Kubota L 2950 Transmission trouble. Help please!!! #5  
I am not a mechanics expert but a shifting mechanism problem would be more lik it. It was going 100% before it broke and I dont use the tractor for very hard work. If it iis a shifting mechanism problem, is it all inside the transmission or I can start by checking stuff outside. Could it be the one of the GST shifting hydraulic component? Thanks

Manuel

You'll know when you get out there and start looking for anything external.
This would be a very good time to get a service manual, BTW.

I do hope it's something you can fix without tearing into the transmission...got my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Roy

I found the shop manual for this tractor for about 100$ and I think that it would be a good time to buy it.

/ Kubota L 2950 Transmission trouble. Help please!!! #7  
Sounds like a servo went south, could also be that your shift linkage just popped off. Crawl under and see if you have any dingle-berries hanging under the tractor. Check the cable that the shifter moves to see if it is connected and if it moves when the lever moves. Could also be a wire broke or a connector came off.

Today I removed the top and side metal covers as well as the oil. From the filling hole, I can see that when the tractor moves, some of the gears move as well so the problem must be in the transmission. I can see now that the forward/reverse mechanism that go in the transmission works fine from the outside. As for the 1-8 lever, it is impossible to tell because both cables seem sonnectect but I cannot see if they do their Job inside the transmission. On that specific model, there is a big transmission side coverthat gives access to tsome of the gears and fork. I hope that this will help me if it is a major transmission component that might avoid splitting the tractor in 2.