Kubota L Series: What is the order?

/ Kubota L Series: What is the order? #1  

beowulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3410 HST, J Deere riding mower
When did the L series start and what were the models then and at each subsequent roll out? What are the match ups for each roll out and what years did those models roll out? I know there was a 3010 etc series, and a 3410 series, but don't know what else and what years each series came out.

I tried to post this question earlier but apparently it did not take. Thanks.

/ Kubota L Series: What is the order? #2  
It looks like the first L series tractor came out in 1969 - the L200F, with 19HP & 2WD.

For info on more models, see the Prior Models page on Kubota's website.

/ Kubota L Series: What is the order?
Thanks - very helpful. I did not find this earlier when I tried a web search but then again, I am not the most computer savy tractor man. I am guessing that they continued with what I guess could be referred to as the "10" series, i.e., the 3010, 3410, 3710 etc until the current 3130, 3430 etc (the "30" series) models came out. I will explore this a bit on my own. thanks again, I always wondered, when posters referred to particular models just where they fit into the model line ups. I purchased a 3410 in August 2003 with about 16 hours on it.

/ Kubota L Series: What is the order? #5  
I would deduce that your tractor replaced the Grand L3300, which came out in 1994, and was replaced by the L3430 in what - 2002?? Hmmm - every four years. Must be time for a new Grand L series! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kubota L Series: What is the order?
I think you are right - apparently they change models about every 4 years or so. Though model numbers change it is not as clear as to what features are added though. I looked far and wide to find a Kubota HST at a decent price here in california in the summer of 2003. It was not that easy to find anything, to my surprise. Finally, I found the 3410 HST with R4s and with 16 hours on it sitting right next to a new 3430 HST with R4s. They wanted $3,000 more for the 3430. We went over the different features - what I recall was that the 3430 had a "hood" which conviently lifted up in one piece instead of the separate side panels on the 3410, and the 3430's seat had arm rests, and weighed more, but I can't recall what else was different between the two units - though I am sure there were a few other things. They certainly looked the same and both looked new. Anyway, I decided to save the $3,000 and go with the 3410 HST, and put the savings into a T and T and a Woods 1016 FEL with quick attach, PHD, different augers, a BB, and mower. I have had no reasons to regret my decision. I took delivery in August 2003 and now have about 240 hours on it.