Kubota L01 vs Grand L

/ Kubota L01 vs Grand L #1  

coolbrze

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800
What are the differences in the L01 series vs. the Grand L60 series tractors? For instance, the L4760 & the L4701 (other than a very small Hp variance)?

/ Kubota L01 vs Grand L #2  
What are the differences in the L01 series vs. the Grand L60 series tractors? For instance, the L4760 & the L4701 (other than a very small Hp variance)?

Generally the Grand Ls are considerably heavier versus the basic tractor of the same HP. Sometimes the loader and three point capacity is greater also. Beyond that, there's the transmission. If you're buying a hydro, the Grand L allows on-the-fly shifting between a high and low range within each of the three ranges. Basic only has three and requires a complete stop. Then there's a lot of little things, nicer seat, tilt steering wheel, rubber floor mats, sometimes you don't get a standard hydraulic remote with a basic model, if you want industrial tires, they're more adjustable with the Grand Ls, sometimes the basic models don't have telescoping three point arms, and a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

/ Kubota L01 vs Grand L #3  
Also, if you're considering the 4701, be sure to look at the MXs also.

/ Kubota L01 vs Grand L #4  
L3901 = 2,778 pounds, bare tractor
L4701 = 3,307 pounds, bare tractor

L3560 = 3,494 pounds, bare tractor DELUXE KIT
L4060/4760/5060/5460/6060 = 4,000 to 4,400 pounds, bare tractor DELUXE KIT
Adjustable rear wheel widths.
Read about HST+: kubota hst plus transmission - Google Search

MX = 3,730 pounds, bare tractor
Same chassis as L4060/4760/5060/5460/6060

Last edited:
   / Kubota L01 vs Grand L #5  
The Grands are a premium tractor & the 00 or 01's are economy tractors.

An equivilant grand will weigh a lot more (30% more maybe) than an economy
The grand has the autoatic shifting GST transmission or the 2 speed shift on the fly HST+ infront of the 3 speed manual transission, so generally nicer transmissions
You can get a factory cab on a Grand, not an option on the economy
Some or all of the economy Ls use the clutch & a lever to engage the PTO, the Grands have a button/knob electrohydraulic engagment
Fancy digital dash
The ability to change the responsivness on HST+ (stiff & instantly responsive or slow & soft)
Tilting steering wheel on the Grands
More options you can buy (air ride seat, more hydraulics, center PTO, etc.)
Adjustable width rims on R4s on the Grands vs fixed width on the economy machines

I had a L3200 (same as a L3301 only no emissions stuff) & upgraded to a L4040. I did it mostly for the cab, but also really enjoy the extra bells & whistles, not to mention the power & weight. It's a little less manuverable than the L3200 & loader visibility is worse, but I'm glad I upgraded.

/ Kubota L01 vs Grand L #6  
The HST plus is a vastly superior IMO. The 3pt hitch is a lot more operator friendly. There's a lot of little stuff but it's not as drastic as those two.

/ Kubota L01 vs Grand L #7  
I think most of the big differences have been mentioned, but some additional Grand L features that may not be on the economy machines:
Throttle-up switch (raises throttle to a user set rpm)
Auto-throttle advance (ties throttle to hst pedal)
Stall guard, Auto Hi-Lo modes
More detailed instument panel (dpf %, pto rpm, fuel data, maint intervals, mph, etc)
Cruise control.

I went with the L4060 for the cab and weight, but the other bells and whistles are nice (I use most of them)

/ Kubota L01 vs Grand L #8  

Either tractor will get the job done. The 4760 will get it done easier, faster and in more comfort.

Print out all the info on each tractor from the Kubota website, compare side by side lists. If there is any way that you can actually see each tractor in person, you should do so.

To the best of my memory, I have never come across anyone that said that they should have just gotten the std L model vs a Grand L.

Good luck. ;)

/ Kubota L01 vs Grand L #9  
Unless I missed it, one of the biggest differences has yet to be mentioned.......

Price

/ Kubota L01 vs Grand L #10  

In addition to all mentioned above, the L60 comes with a better standard suspension seat than the L01 series. As previously mentioned, the L60 also has an air ride seat option. I bought this option for my L6060 and I'm going to put the standard suspension seat, which it replaced, on my MX5800.

I've owned several Kubota's, both standard and Grand L's and with the hours I put on my tractors, the Grands are well worth the extra $$.