Price Check Kubota L2501 (2017)

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #1  

socal996

Tractor
Kubota L2501
In the market for a Kubota tractor to have around the house and have found one locally that is a L2501 (purchased in 2017) with just over 100 hours on the clock. Second owner who has put about 10 hours on it. Has some premature wear on the floorboard and some diesel residue on the hood and loader (would wipe off easily). Comes with a Land Pride RB1684 rear blade. Owner is asking $16,500, fair?

kubota 1.jpgKubota 2.jpgkubota 3.jpg

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #2  
It seems odd the 2nd owner only used it for 10 hours. How long did they actually own it and did they say why their selling it?

Do they have a bill of sale?

At this price you might want to contact a dealer and find out what kind of deal on new they would do for a similar equipped tractor. I'm thinking list price is about $23,000 including back blade. (kubota.com has allows you to build/price the tractor on line and it comes in around $21,650 for tractor, R4's and FEL with 2-lever quick attach)

Used price is what you're willing to pay.

This is a tough time to sell privately, so look at the tractor and make an offer you're comfortable with.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L2501 (2017) #3  
For comparison, I paid about $20,000 last July for a brand new L2501 HST with FEL at my local Kubota dealer. It had about a half hour on the clock. If that one's not stolen it appears to be a fairly good deal.

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #4  
It seems odd the 2nd owner only used it for 10 hours. How long did they actually own it and did they say why their selling it?

Do they have a bill of sale?

At this price you might want to contact a dealer and find out what kind of deal on new they would do for a similar equipped tractor. I'm thinking list price is about $23,000 including back blade. (kubota.com has allows you to build/price the tractor on line and it comes in around $21,650 for tractor, R4's and FEL with 2-lever quick attach)

Used price is what you're willing to pay.

This is a tough time to sell privately, so look at the tractor and make an offer you're comfortable with.
Sounds about right to me. A little odd & worth validating. But probably a good deal.

/ Kubota L2501 (2017)
Thanks for the input guys. New here in MT, cash price, for the tractor with quick attache loader is $20,600 delivered (I'm about 40 miles from the dealer).

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #6  
W/O question-
I would spend the extra coin to buy new. Negotiate the 50hr service in the deal.
Kubota typically has 0% money in the L series.
No way I'd take a used two owner machine for ~$4000 in savings.

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #7  
It would worry me why second owner only kept it 10 hours? I would only buy that from a dealer if they gave you some kind of warranty until you made sure there is nothing wrong with it.

With any luck it is just someone that bought it and decided it wasn't the size they needed.

/ Kubota L2501 (2017)
All good input and advice. Thanks

/ Kubota L2501 (2017) #10  
All good input and advice. Thanks

That is a lot of diesel residue (soot) on the front and loader! It should not have that much if it ran 100 hours. It may have an engine issue.

I had a L2501 that ran weird new from the dealer. Exhaust would fog and smelled like an old Ford Power stroke Diesel. I promptly switched it for a new L3301.

Also that floor plate being that worn with only 100 hours is strange too.

I would just buy a new one from the dealer.