Kubota L260 cleanup

/ Kubota L260 cleanup #1  

8NLUGNUT

Silver Member
Tractor
Several Fords, four Japanese tractors
I hope this one qualifies as a vintage tractor since when it was made I still had alot of cartledge.

So here it goes.

We bought the Kubota L260, a trailer, and shredder several years ago and paid way too much.

So much we decided that we better get a lot of use out of it before it died for good. Ahh ye of little faith! Kubota are pretty tough we would learn in time.

The hood had been cut out on the sides and a car radiator had replaced the Kubota rad sometime in the past.

It started and ran and we used it everyday till it decided it didn't want to start.

We missed the part about lubing the injector pump. Hey, the dipsticks had been broke off flush but that's no excuse. $650.00

We got tired of looking at the ugly sheet metal and found some clean use ones at Pittsburg Tractor in east Texas and slapped them on. $600.00

A used L260 radiator, $75.00

Then we bought a ROPS from the Kubota Dealer in Taylor TX and slapped it on.

After a few good years of service and broken radiator return tube it was time to clean it up a bit.

I used Rustoleum spray paint. Orange and Sea tide marine or something like that. Both were bought at Wally world:thumbsup:. I bought a cheap orbital sander from Harbor Freight:thumbsup: to use on the sheet metal.

After replacing the hydraulic screen filter the lift is much more powerful.

I still have the lights to rewire and modify but it already out at the ranch working hard.

Attachments

• IMG_2749.JPG
    IMG_2749.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 847
  • IMG_2751.jpg
    IMG_2751.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 901
  • DSCN1909.JPG
    DSCN1909.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,076
  • DSCN1910.JPG
    DSCN1910.JPG