Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it?

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #12  
I did a rebuild on a L175DT with Backhoe and Loader in 2010 and parts were not a problem at that time. Checking Messicks here in US they show a lot of engine parts are avallable. If it's rings, seals, and bearings not too expensive, but if its crank, or pistons they get pricey. Kubota L295DT (Dual Traction 4wd) Parts Diagrams

I'd say go for it given you will do the work - post some pics when you get a chance!

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #13  
Take some time and cross reference parts I've found sometimes a few parts for my l4150 are nla and impossible to find, especially used after doing some research i can find the exact same part used on a l 3750 that is available. It that tractor was over here around me I'd have already bought it.

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #14  
One nice thing about Kubota and that is, they do stock OEM parts for older units. Not everything but most items. Some stuff is NLA but that is a distinct minority and I'd be procuring OEM parts rather than aftermarket if possible.

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #15  
I tend to deal with my local Kubota dealer on parts for my Pre 4 M's rather than Messicks simply because your local dealer has the same access to parts as they do and shipping will be nil as well. The only thing I've found to be NLA are the rod boots for my remotes.

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #16  
One nice thing about Kubota and that is, they do stock OEM parts for older units. Not everything but most items. Some stuff is NLA but that is a distinct minority and I'd be procuring OEM parts rather than aftermarket if possible.
Trying to navigate online oem parts places can be frustrating I prefer to talk to an actual knowledgeable parts guy in person. Luckily imo Kubota overbuilt older generations of tractors and with somewhat occasional pms seem to run forever.

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #17  
I dealt with the local dealer extensively when I rebuilt my L175 - except for hoses and hydraulic piston rebuilds.

The point I was trying to make on Messicks, is they are a quick resource guide I use to figure out the internal parts etc. and for the OP in AU to see what parts are currently available as a quick check - if they stock them here, likely they are accessible in AU.

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #18  
Are you capable of disassembling the engine and putting it back together? You’d run up a bill that exceeds its value quickly if you’re paying a mechanic.

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #19  
Just sold my L285 (half a gen older), and part are... available, but you need to get creative. You might need to cross reference stuff, search part numbers, ect.

/ Kubota L295 for 900$ worth it? #20  
Another thing I'll add; often times a parts listing will show it fits a L245 (for some reason I think they where a lot more common than the 285/295/305/345/355) but if you check, sometimes the part number is identical and fits. Looks like engine rebuild kits are available for about $550 on ebay/Amazon, ect; but I think I would pull the glow plugs, and put some diesel/atf in cylinders and gently rock it.

Don't know about the 295, but the 285 and 245s Had to use glow plugs, and a strong battery, or they wouldn't start, even on a 90 degree day. Once(if) you can free it up, check glow plug function,