Oil & Fuel Kubota L2950 Bleeding Fuel System

/ Kubota L2950 Bleeding Fuel System #1  

EldonRC

I recently changed my fuel filter,I did so by filling the bowl with the new filter with diesel.It started and ran but with a lot of limping and sputtering.Obviously I have air in the system.Could anyone offer some information on proper fuel system bleeding technique on this model? I appear to have a three position petcock on the filter.Two positions appear to be on and one off.I am now in the original position.Is it possible I ran it on the air setting long enough to proliferate air in the system? Any help would be appreciated.

/ Kubota L2950 Bleeding Fuel System #2  
with the engine running or the starter cranking loosen the injecter line nuts on top of the injecter one at a time untill there is a steady pulse of fuel at each one then retighten.It will run normal, mabe after a day of running bleed it again.

/ Kubota L2950 Bleeding Fuel System
Thank you Windy Acers for this information it is greatly appreciated.

/ Kubota L2950 Bleeding Fuel System #4  
To prevent this next time Kubota recommends...

1. Replacing the fuel filter
2. Turn key to "on" position to activate fuel pump for 30 seconds. This will bleed the air out of the system before startup.
3. Start and run engine for a few minutes before shutting down.

/ Kubota L2950 Bleeding Fuel System #5  
Windy has it right, but once bled, it is good to go. The injector lines do not have to be loosened much, a half turn will do nicely. If you have someone to turn the engine over as you watch the lines, as soon as you start to get fuel, close them off, it will start as you tighten the lines back up.

/ Kubota L2950 Bleeding Fuel System
Thank you all for this information.I followed your advice and the tractor is up and running fine.Going through a learning curve with the routine maintenance items.Much appreciated. :)

/ Kubota L2950 Bleeding Fuel System #7  
Great information I know this thread is old but I have just been looking at my Operators Manual and it gives very little information on bleeding air from our system.

I have cleaned my fuel bowl and filter several times and never had an issue with getting air in the system. I generally just put the bowl ring nut on loosely then turn on the fuel petcock and let the bowl refill till it overflows. Then while it is flowing over i finish up tightening up the bowl ring nut.
In my manual on page 40 for Fuel Line Bleeding it just says,
(1) Fill your fuel tank with fuel and open the petcock.
(2) Start the engine for about 1 minuet then stop the engine.
Thats it nothing more about it, it kind of makes no sense to me really how would doing that bleed your system?

/ Kubota L2950 Bleeding Fuel System #8  
Depending on the engine, that may be how to bleed the system relying on the starter to drive a manual (non electric) fuel lift pump. Some older engines will have a primer bulb or lever to bleed air, so you don't put the starter at risk from cranking too long.

Most modern diesels I am familiar with have a small electric lift pump, and are self bleeding, meaning that you don't need to crack the injector lines, and air is pushed through the fuel return line. Turn the key to the run position for a minute or so, then start.

/ Kubota L2950 Bleeding Fuel System #9  
Yes, I was thinking that instead of trying to start it maybe they mean to say turn to the start position and leave it there for a minute.