Kubota L3000dt front axle oil

/ Kubota L3000dt front axle oil #1  

Chuck Tkach

Tractor
Kubota L3000DT
What oil is called for in a 4wd Kubota L3000dt front axle?

Last edited:
   / Kubota L3000dt front axle oil #2  
UDT, SUDT/2, or SAE 80-90 gear oil.
I prefer gear oil in the front axle.

/ Kubota L3000dt front axle oil #3  
Not sure what your manual would say. But if you have a FEL a good synthetic gear lube would be best. I use Amsoil Severe Gear synthetic 75w110 in the front axle of my 4x4 loader tractor. pm for a link if you like

/ Kubota L3000dt front axle oil #4  
welcome. udt is usually supplied from factory new. as mentioned above, 75/90 (syn) or 80/90 convent. gear oil is what i use. some have mentioned that sudt/udt is thinner and possibly more prone to leaking seals, but i cannot verify. conventional hypoid GL5 is just fine
just change by book. btw after several hrs use, check axle level again as takes time to settle. you'll prob have to top off... regards

/ Kubota L3000dt front axle oil
Thank you everyone! You've answered my question. Good to be here!

/ Kubota L3000dt front axle oil #6  
Not sure what your manual would say. But if you have a FEL a good synthetic gear lube would be best. Robin Veerman

actually the ft axle fluid is not associated with the FEL fluid, but agree, syn lube would be a good choice either way. personally, ft axle lube choice is not as critical as hyd systems & engine oils... cheers

/ Kubota L3000dt front axle oil #7  
Well brother, but it sorta is!! If you’re just using the fel to transport angel dust it might not be a big deal. But if you were to use the fel as designed, ie digging dirt, pushing rocks, scooping cow poop etc a good gear lube is probably beneficial to protecting those gears bearings and seals as you turn the wheels with a heavy load on the front axle, just to go dump it somewheres…

/ Kubota L3000dt front axle oil #9  
Yah, I think that we forget the stress that’s on the front axle during our play time sometimes. Especially if we’re travelling hundreds of feet and sawing at the steering wheel before we dump… 😬

/ Kubota L3000dt front axle oil #10  
Yah, I think that we forget the stress that’s on the front axle during our play time sometimes. Especially if we’re travelling hundreds of feet and sawing at the steering wheel before we dump… 😬
agreed. always good to keep "severe working conditions" in mind with our scheduled maintenance fluids.