Kubota L3200 Hi/lo range selector issues

/ Kubota L3200 Hi/lo range selector issues #1  

BWSSR

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200
Anyone here know how to adjust these?..2013 L3200DT 4X4...Hi do to Lo is smooth..but going into HI is a chore..the 2 tabs seem out of alignment.

/ Kubota L3200 Hi/lo range selector issues #2  
Every HST has a clunky transmission. My old L3200, my new fancy L4060. Kiotis & John Deeres I've test drove as well. Just a fact of life. Bumping the clutch or letting the machine roll an inch or 2 will let you shift into gear.

They use straight cut gears with no synchros, unlike helically cut gears with synchros in modern manual transmissions & manual tractors with a fully synchronized transmission. Cheaper & reliable for a tranny that doesn't shift nearly as much as a manual gear transmission.

/ Kubota L3200 Hi/lo range selector issues #3  
Every HST has a clunky transmission...
:D His model is DT (gear) but the information is the same... need to slightly rock or roll the tractor or transmission. There is no alignment since the transmission will "stop" at random spots.

/ Kubota L3200 Hi/lo range selector issues #4  
:D His model is DT (gear) but the information is the same... need to slightly rock or roll the tractor or transmission. There is no alignment since the transmission will "stop" at random spots.
Brain fart... I know what DT means.

/ Kubota L3200 Hi/lo range selector issues #5  
Yes the straight-cut gears are famous for being hard to mesh. As said, a slight roll forward or backward can help the gears line up. It helps to have it in 2wd, since you won't have any binding between the front and rear drivelines making things worse. If you have to have it in 4wd, make sure the front wheels are straight ahead and let the tractor coast to a stop before trying to shift. And it can help to keep the shift linkages clean and lubed.

/ Kubota L3200 Hi/lo range selector issues
Yes the straight-cut gears are famous for being hard to mesh. As said, a slight roll forward or backward can help the gears line up. It helps to have it in 2wd, since you won't have any binding between the front and rear drivelines making things worse. If you have to have it in 4wd, make sure the front wheels are straight ahead and let the tractor coast to a stop before trying to shift. And it can help to keep the shift linkages clean and lubed.

The straight cut gears I understand. It seems the "paddles" that the hi/lo lever has to fit are offset...and the slot on the info cover wont let it move forward to catch the "paddles"