Kubota L3200 snow removal

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #1  

Fish92

Tractor
John Deere 1530
I would like to hear some success stories with a front mounted QA snow blade on a Kubota L3200 (or similar tractor). I currently use an 84" three-point blade but it does not handle the deep snow well unless I spin the blade 180 degrees and drive backwards. I have a long gravel driveway that is almost 1/4 mile from the road to the barn.

What have you found that works?

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #2  
Just be careful when pushing with rear blade no trip spring.

7'+ front blade will cut your plowing time in half,and you can push snow back further.

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal
Thanks Thomas. Any recommendations on a certain blade? I'm a little concerned with how the hydraulics will handle a front blade as most seem to sit far away from the QA, even if the angle is manual.

Kevin

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #4  
I have plowed with a 7’ back blade and Kubota L3130 since 2005. No snow was too much really. I am old now and got a cab tractor and blower for the extreme cold we get -20°F or more. But I used the Kubota today for yesterday’s 8” and it did great, warm here today at about 20°. I did use the Case blower earlier this week for the 40” we got, but it was -26°.

So never had any issues with my L3130.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L3200 snow removal #5  
If a problem that you’re having is that the blade floats up with deep snow, and doesn’t scrape down far enough even with multiple passes, there are two things to try.

1 - angle the blade down a bit more by shortening the top link

2 - add weight somehow to the blade (like strapping cinder blocks or those 80 lb sand bags on top of the blade).

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #6  
Thanks Thomas. Any recommendations on a certain blade? I'm a little concerned with how the hydraulics will handle a front blade as most seem to sit far away from the QA, even if the angle is manual.

Kevin
My setup different than what your thinking of,I didn't have any problems.

Are your rear tires loaded or rear ballast?

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    280.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
   / Kubota L3200 snow removal #7  
Just be careful when pushing with rear blade no trip spring.

7'+ front blade will cut your plowing time in half,and you can push snow back further.
Why do you need a trip spring on a rear blade? I’ve been doing that for years with the 3ph in float.

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #8  
When pushing backwards hit solid object etc. trip springs will release pressure,no trip springs shock from hitting object 3 pt. hitch transmission will take hard hit,solid hit that stop tractor could cost $$$'s in repairs.

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #9  
I had an L3200 and used a rear blade and loader for a while. Then for a couple years ran a Pronovost 64" rear blower. Best thing so far is the QA mounted blade on the L4240. It's a lot faster than anything else and being mounted on the FEL means snow can be piled up easily. Whatever you do, make it so the blade is suspended on a chain so it can be floated with only the weight of the blade. Do a search for "underslung snow plow". A few of us built them and this method helps prevent the plow from becoming a rudder.