Kubota L3200 snow removal

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal
I have plowed with a 7’ back blade and Kubota L3130 since 2005. No snow was too much really. I am old now and got a cab tractor and blower for the extreme cold we get -20°F or more. But I used the Kubota today for yesterday’s 8” and it did great, warm here today at about 20°. I did use the Case blower earlier this week for the 40” we got, but it was -26°.

So never had any issues with my L3130.
Thanks for the info. You've had no issues with the back blade when moving a lot of snow? If I get too much snow buildup between the blade and rear wheels, it pushes the tractor sideways.

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #12  
My home made plow for my former L3200. $100 plow from a garage sale that was probably for a small Jeep or something. $100 3pt Quick hitch welded to a $100 SSQA plate. A couple of pipes welded up to stick in the plow mount holes & catch the QH hooks along with a piece of chain. I love the float out at the blade. Really miss that on my new solid mount plow. It did stick out really far though, which face the blade leverage to push the machine sideways easier.

It was manual angle. Cheap & functional, but not nearly as nice as hydraulic angle on the new plow on the new machine.
IMG_20150117_153836.jpg
20161116_203631.jpg

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #13  
When pushing backwards hit solid object etc. trip springs will release pressure,no trip springs shock from hitting object 3 pt. hitch transmission will take hard hit,solid hit that stop tractor could cost $$$'s in repairs.
Always use float position when doing that.

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #14  
A rear 3 point blade will not absorb the impact of a sudden stop, either going forward or reverse. I have anchored a 3 point blade in both directions, but it happens more frequently when going in reverse with the blade curling snow. --->tractor---(
The 3 point is in float by default, but when that edge catches something substantial look out.

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #15  
Used an 84" QA plow on the FEL of my L3430 for years with no issues. I'm now using a 90" SSQA plow on my L6060.

I use the weight of the plow to gain traction. If I start to slide sideways, I use the FEL to lift the plow slightly so the chains dig in.

When I used a 3pt plow in reverse on my old L3010, I hit something solid and blew a transmission oil seal. Repairs cost close to $1000.

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #16  
First season with a homemade ssqa plow and it works great! I have always used frame mounted plows. Also plow alot of gravel and bolted a 2" pipe to the cutting edge and removed the shoes, this works well in a dry snow. I didn't slice the length of the pipe but rather welded tabs to the pipe and bolted it on, this way I can remove it quickly to scrape hard surfaces or put the shoes back on.

/ Kubota L3200 snow removal #17  
Thanks for the info. You've had no issues with the back blade when moving a lot of snow? If I get too much snow buildup between the blade and rear wheels, it pushes the tractor sideways.
Definitely will push sideways, that is physics. But usually I just take a little less Cut. It will usually happen at 20” of snow or if I am pushing back the edges. But not a big deal. A front plow will do the same.