Kubota L35 Auxilary Hydraulics

/ Kubota L35 Auxilary Hydraulics #1  

Keuka

Bronze Member
I'm somewhat new to this site and not sure if this topic belongs here or in the hydraulics section. If I'm posted in the wrong area I apologize.

I recently picked up a real clean L35 (122 hrs) from an individual. Now that I'm hooked on the new toy, I'm thinking of implements and auxilary hydraulics. I e-mailed a dealer and found out that Kubota has a 3 spool kit available for around $1200 and valves will run around $220 a pop. Add hoses, quick connects etc., sounds like $1500-$2000 (less labor).

Questions:
1. Are there less expensive but equal quality after-market hydraulic parts available. Are the Kubota parts custom fit, higher quality and well worth the money?

2. If available, how's the fit and size of after-market compaired to Kubota? I've seen some do-it-yourself projects that worked but there were hoses and
valves everywhere.

3. Are there suppliers out there that will walk you through a project even if your not a professional.

4. Does this project require any pump adjustments or high tech. requirements better left to a dealer? I do most of my own equipment repairs and this project doesn't seem like rocket science but sometimes looks are deceiving.

I sure would like to see pictures of a finished project if anyone might have any. Thanks for any replies, great site and I'm sure I'll have more "beginner" questions.

/ Kubota L35 Auxilary Hydraulics #2  
WR Long makes a 3rd function valve for auxilary front hydraulics, it is designed for a grapple, snow plow, etc. It will not run a snow Blower or a post hole digger. The cost was about $700 total, and I installed it myself, the kit is designed for do it yourselfers, and is relatively easy. I installed it on my B-26 to run my snow plow angle. I purchased the Valve from Carver Equipment. The Valve is electric over hydraulic, and is a true third function.
Search the Terms WR Long, and auxilary hydraulic valve, you should find some more answers. I tried to post some pics, but was having issues uploading them

/ Kubota L35 Auxilary Hydraulics #3  
Are you talking about Auxillary Hydraulics for the front or rear?I have a Factory rear set very clean. I think I paid 1200 for 4 valves 2 sets.

/ Kubota L35 Auxilary Hydraulics
At this point in time I'm looking for rear auxilary. I've never taken the backhoe off but it looks like when I do, I'll have two flexible lines. One preasure and one return. I assume after removing the hoe, I connect these two lines together.
I'm thinking of a hydraulic back blade or landscape rake with power right angle, power left angle and power tilt. Down the road I may look at a rear snow blower. Not knowing much, I'm thinking a three spool valve for the back blade.
I rechecked the figures the dealer e-mailed me and the Kubota Three Spool was around $1200 in hand. He said I would pay around $200 for single after market valves but he doesn't handle any.
After reading some of the posts it looks like Kubota has had problems with some of their valves so I assume, high quality after market may be less expensive and less trouble. I don't want to mix and match different types of hose connections.
The Kubota operators manual has little to no information on the hydraulics. Is there a web site where I might find info on the L35 hydraulic specs such as preasure settings, preasure limits, preasure relief valve locations and hose fitting type?
Thanks for you input.

/ Kubota L35 Auxilary Hydraulics #5  
WR Long makes a 3rd function valve for auxilary front hydraulics, it is designed for a grapple, snow plow, etc. It will not run a snow Blower or a post hole digger. The cost was about $700 total, and I installed it myself, the kit is designed for do it yourselfers, and is relatively easy. I installed it on my B-26 to run my snow plow angle. I purchased the Valve from Carver Equipment. The Valve is electric over hydraulic, and is a true third function.
Search the Terms WR Long, and auxilary hydraulic valve, you should find some more answers. I tried to post some pics, but was having issues uploading them

I know this is an old Post but can I get more details on your setup?
This is for the front...yes?