Comparison Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ???

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #11  
we just bought a used '05 1533 and so far, it has performed well for us. Have used the FEL quite a bit and it has never strained at all. I've only put about 9 hours on it (total of 356 at the moment). So far, so good...

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ???
where are you located? we sale the Boomer 35 for $18,999

I just updated my profile to show that.I'm in NE Ohio. The quote I received was supposed to be discounted since my Dad is retired from Ford.Obviously that didn't happen.

Jeff

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #13  
Well i can tell you i have over 800 hrs on mine. Did that all in a year and a half and have never ever had one problem. Plenty of power and just love it. I know i have made the best choice.

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #14  
Have you had a chance to try both of them out? Don't just look at numbers on paper or which has what features. Sit on them, drive them around, see how they fit you. As to why you see lots of Kubotas, it's probably because you have one (or more) good dealers near you that people feel comfortable buying from.

Have you had a chance to try both of them out? Don't just look at numbers on paper or which has what features. Sit on them, drive them around, see how they fit you. As to why you see lots of Kubotas, it's probably because you have one (or more) good dealers near you that people feel comfortable buying from.

Yes I drove the Massey but the Kubota dealer only had the L3800 in the crates. And they only had hydros.There is a bigger dealer about 25 miles away so I might give them a call and see what they have.

Jeff

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #16  
A tractor is a big purchase, likely to be used much longer than a car or truck. It's much easier to make the right choice the first time than to have buyers remorse. Shop around until you are satisfied.:thumbsup:

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #17  
I've had a 1433v Massey bought new, like 9 years ago. No bells and whistles but cheaper than the Kubota I looked at. Still have it and it still runs great. I've put it thru some rough use in the foothills of Northern Vermont, summer and winter. It has never let me down.

But, that being said, all my in laws are farmers in western VA. They all have and swear by Kubotas.

Bottom line- you probably wouldn't go wrong choosing either one. But definitely try driving them both before you make a choice.

Good luck

Well I emailed Barlows a couple days ago and now I'm thinking of a L3240 as it seems to be a lot more people own and are happy with them. It will be real close to the Massey after figuring taxes vs. delivery. All I've heard is good things about Barlows so we'll see how things work out. Probably will check one out at the local dealer and also get a price from them.

Jeff

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #19  
I'd love to test drive a 1643 if I could find one. I've called every dealer within 100 miles.

/ Kubota L3800 or Massey 1533 or ??? #20  
Well I emailed Barlows a couple days ago and now I'm thinking of a L3240 as it seems to be a lot more people own and are happy with them. It will be real close to the Massey after figuring taxes vs. delivery. All I've heard is good things about Barlows so we'll see how things work out. Probably will check one out at the local dealer and also get a price from them.

Jeff

Barlow's is also a Massey dealer.