Grapple Kubota L39 TLB Grapple "Markham"?? WOW

/ Kubota L39 TLB Grapple "Markham"?? WOW #21  
I don't know why Markham and WRLong and other grapple makers are so conservative with their recommendations on LD grapples. I suspect they are so focused on skidsteers in commercial environments that they just don't know or consider how CUT owners use grapples. No one that I know of on TBN has complained that they have seriously damaged a light duty grapple. I use a light duty 48" Millonzi on a loader with 2700lbs lift capacity and I've worked it hard (for a CUT) killing brush, digging stumps and moving big rocks and it is going strong after four years.

I 100% agree with this. I've got the same Millonzi as Island and there is no way any cut is going to damage it. The loader will be broken first. Markham an others just don't get it. The lift and power of a cut loader is a joke compared to a skid. Just the geometry of the two should be a good indicator. As for the pics of the new markham grapple and TB. I would definatly complain to them. That is a shame that there quality control is so bad. My grapple is a few years old and sits outside 99% of the time and the paint looks better than that. The probably didn't clean the metal surfaces of oils before they painted it.

Matt:cool:

/ Kubota L39 TLB Grapple "Markham"?? WOW #22  
I have a Millonzi 48" as well. I have bent the tips of the top jaw multiple times. Bent one way for a while then the other way. Have never straightened them. Just the torque from Big Logs and Sandstone and maybe some huge root balls. Grapple still works great. They have never bent to the point where they will hit the bottom teeth. Kinda glad they bend. Kinda like a shear pin in a way. The L39 is pretty tough but I get into some weird angles and torquing situations and would rather the grapple teeth bend than the loader frame.

/ Kubota L39 TLB Grapple "Markham"?? WOW #23  
You get what you pay for. Not that there is anything wrong with the Markham grapple, but what do you guys expect for $900? They have to make a profit somehow. It looks like they are using an apprentice welder and just paint the grapple without at least cleaning the metal first. I imagine that if they produced what you guys would be happy with, they would need to raise the price.

Just my opinion of what I see.

/ Kubota L39 TLB Grapple "Markham"?? WOW
I'm in Southern Maryland

/ Kubota L39 TLB Grapple "Markham"?? WOW #25  
here are the pic of the grapple. . . its still on the pallet and banded down.

i think that is a lot of rust for a new grapple. now i know that i'm going to beat it up but still kinda makes me sad to get something in like this.

there are a few pics of the tooth bar as well, its also still strapped to the grapple.
Brian

Well i went a head and called and told them about the paint and sent them some pic. I was told that they were very sorry and that that is not the norm. they issued me a credit for the bad paint. . . so i happy now:D

/ Kubota L39 TLB Grapple "Markham"?? WOW #29  
You get what you pay for. Not that there is anything wrong with the Markham grapple, but what do you guys expect for $900? They have to make a profit somehow. It looks like they are using an apprentice welder and just paint the grapple without at least cleaning the metal first. I imagine that if they produced what you guys would be happy with, they would need to raise the price.

Just my opinion of what I see.

I find this kind of amusing since the skid steer hd units bend the teeth sideways too. It's not really a price thing at all. The welds look as good on the LD models I've seen as the higher priced HD units. It doesn't take that long to clean the metal surface and paint. It's not like they're powder coated.

Matt:rolleyes:

/ Kubota L39 TLB Grapple "Markham"?? WOW #30  
I find this kind of amusing since the skid steer hd units bend the teeth sideways too. It's not really a price thing at all. The welds look as good on the LD models I've seen as the higher priced HD units. It doesn't take that long to clean the metal surface and paint. It's not like they're powder coated.

Matt:rolleyes:

I don't know about the HD units and their welds, have not heard about them since most everybody here gets the LD units. As far as cleaning for paint, what do you consider not that long? I know for me to clean one with degreaser, it would take more than just a few minutes. I have not heard of anyone else that has a grapple for the price that Markham is selling theirs for, so how is it that they can continue to do that. Maybe their overhead is just that low. :confused: I'm not questioning the quality of their product, but there has to be some reason as to how or why they are able to sell that product for the price that they sell it for when others do not.