Kubota L3940 quick disconnect hyd fittings

/ Kubota L3940 quick disconnect hyd fittings #1  

eddieirvine

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3940
i posted on this a few days back i did not realize i had o rings in my quick disconnect fitting. Any way there are in the female coupler, Now like i posted i have a Kubota L3940 and have called 6 places in my Indiana area some even further, even called Messicks, in PA no one i talked to can get and o ring and teflon or nylon backer that goes in with the o ring, O ring i can get several places but not having much luck finding the nylon washer, but i just have to find the right place. Back to calling several Kubota dealers, none of them can get me the o rings or spacer, there answer was buy a new complete coupling at any where from 80 to 120 dollars a piece!! i have a leak from an oring and spacer i am not in any way going to spend the money for a new coupler, and if you think about it if one buys a new quick connecter you are getting an oring and spacer for 100 dollars, Am i the only one that thinks this is dam insane!! So if by chance any of you know where i can get a rebuild kit for my quick disconnect coupler please le me know. By the way i can get the o rings at my local hardware and i am also in the process of getting some 1/16 .062 nylon sheeting and make my own on my lathe i already know i can do this, not real difficult

/ Kubota L3940 quick disconnect hyd fittings #2  
Amazon or ebay is where I go in these situations. As much as I loathe both of them.

/ Kubota L3940 quick disconnect hyd fittings #3  
Maybe good machine shop could make on Bridgeport.

/ Kubota L3940 quick disconnect hyd fittings
i made my own orings any good hardware, backer space i made on my lathe by making a jig to hold them after boring a hole in the center of a sheet of nylon .062 thick stopped my leak in two that were leaking quite a bit have two more that are not real bad i will wait till it warms up hands get colder quicker with age lol!!

Amazon or ebay is where I go in these situations. As much as I loathe both of them.
what did you get for the nylon backer space? Nylon washers?

/ Kubota L3940 quick disconnect hyd fittings #6  
what did you get for the nylon backer space? Nylon washers?
Haven't ordered those part specifically but if you just start searching around with the specs and material type you're looking for there's a pretty good chance you'll see what you need.

/ Kubota L3940 quick disconnect hyd fittings #7  
I took one of my QDs to local hydraulic shop and they gave me a replacement that worked. If you live near a shop you could try that. They might even have a repair kit for the one you have.

/ Kubota L3940 quick disconnect hyd fittings #8  
Have you tried Mcmaster-carr or Fastenal for the backers?

Have you tried Mcmaster-carr or Fastenal for the backers?
yes they have some nylon washers that would work need to turn down the od of them in my lathe, but i made the two i changed and worked great so when it warms up the other two will get what i made also. they also have the correct size orings