Kubota L4200 Cab ** Completed **

/ Kubota L4200 Cab ** Completed ** #11  
Very nice! Now I'm jealous. :D

/ Kubota L4200 Cab ** Completed ** #12  
MCD 176;
The cab looks factory... Very nice. Did I miss the construction shots ? Did you make the supports and cover the remainder with glued on safety glass ? The square look is definately in. Must be the new design kubota. I haven't seen that style. How are you mounting the wiper amid all the glass ... or did you save a section below the roof panel ? Again... great work.

/ Kubota L4200 Cab ** Completed **
   / Kubota L4200 Cab ** Completed ** #14  
Joes427vette,

First of all thank you for the compliments, here is the link to the construction photos:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/147742-kubota-l4200-cab-updated-thread.html

As far as the supports yes I fabricated the entire cab from scratch with 1.5 x 1/8" tube, I then used 3M window urethane to mount the glass, the door is removable as well as the rear 1/4 windows for the summertime

Thanks,

Mike

Could we see some close-ups of the glass attachment? From the costruction photos, it looks like it's just glued to the outside. But then, I thought I read something about you insetting it.

/ Kubota L4200 Cab ** Completed ** #17  
Ok everyone here are a few pics of my mostly completed custom built cab

I still have to add my wiper, lights and some other things

Congratulations on your cab.- I went through the thread when you was building it.- You do great work and that's the best looking homemade cab I've ever seen.- I like how the glass is in your cab.- Looks like you have great visibility, and it really looks like a factory cab! -Very well thought out! :)

About the wiper.- Do you already have the wiper motor ?

If not, JC Whitney has some great wiper motors and the price is great.- They are very easy to install, and only requires drilling a 3/8" hole.- And they also have an on/off switch on the motor.

Looking forward to seeing more pics when it's all finished!

Thanks for sharing your project!

Last edited:
   / Kubota L4200 Cab ** Completed ** #18  
Congratulations on your cab.- I went through the thread when you was building it.- You do great work and that's the best looking homemade cab I've ever seen.- I like how the glass is in your cab.- Looks like you have great visibility, and it really looks like a factory cab! -Very well thought out! :)

About the wiper.- Do you already have the wiper motor ?

If not, JC Whitney has some great wiper motors and the price is great.- They are very easy to install, and only require drilling a 3/8" hole.- And they also have an on/off switch on the motor.

Looking forward to seeing more pics when it's all finished!

Thanks for sharing your project!

I would hope he predrilled the hole before the glass was tempered.:eek:

/ Kubota L4200 Cab ** Completed ** #20  
My bad, I was thinking about my cabs both have the wipers mounted to the glass for the rear windows.