Kubota L4200 guages not working

/ Kubota L4200 guages not working #1  

jd450man

Tractor
Kubota L4200
I have a Kubota L4200 that I bought new in 98 and have taken excellent care of.
Problem started when pre heat light stopped working on dash. After checking fuzes took dash out to check for loose wires.
When I put it all back together the guages do not work and the engine will not kill with the key. Key switch is good and will start the tractor but will not cut it off. None of the guages work. Couple days later I turned key on and all guages worked and engine shut off with key. But now back to key starts tractor only and no guages work. I have checked for loose wires. Am thinking some sort of relay is bad.
Sure could use some help.
Thanks

/ Kubota L4200 guages not working #2  
Could be a relay i guess.. .not familiar with those new orange beasts. I can tell you though, that there is a fuse on my NH 7610s that when it blows.. does EXACTLY the same thing... no dash.. but will start tractor.. won't kill it..

Look for a loose fues in its holder.. those blade fuses are bad for that if the holders are in a hot environment.

Soundguy

/ Kubota L4200 guages not working #3  
Hiya jd450man, welcome to TBN.

The first thing that comes to mind is a bad ground. From my experience, bad grounds are at the root of an amazing number of electrical problems. Maybe make sure you didn't omit some ground strap when you put the dash out, and make sure that it's bolted back in nice and tight?

To me, the fact that the problem is intermittent, and affects all the guages as well the ignition switch, points all that much more to a bad ground.

Good luck with it, John

/ Kubota L4200 guages not working #4  
Did you ever figure out your problem? I was just messing with my steering wheel on my L4200 and just encountered the same thing with my key not turning the tractor off.

I also messed around with some fuses, just checking them to make sure they were all good.

Thanks, Nathan

/ Kubota L4200 guages not working #5  
FYI, I cleaned my fuses and the holders and it fixed the problem.

It turns off with the key now.