Kubota L4400 HST?

/ Kubota L4400 HST? #1  

Barneyhunts

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240 Kubota B7800, Kubota BX2200
My dealer tells me that the Kubota L4400 will be available with HST in May '08. I own a B7800 and am thinking of sizing up and would like to know How L4400 owners like their machines?

/ Kubota L4400 HST? #2  
Hi,
I only have a few hours on my new L4400, moved up from an L245DT which is of similar size to the L2800 / 3400 tractors, and having used my brothers L3010 a bunch it is much more machine, lots of power and good sized, I have the ag tires (8.3-16 fronts - 14.9-24 rears which are big, used to have a Massey 135 and this seems a little larger and way more able with the FWD, loader has good power and speed, shuttle trans works fast and smooth...... got mine in Nova Scotia for $23500 delivered 70 miles, loaded tires, third remote, block heater,L703 loader,
Walter t

/ Kubota L4400 HST?
Thanks Walter, do you have much use for the third remote?
Jack

/ Kubota L4400 HST? #5  
I love my L4400, but would love it even more with a GST or HST tranny... But the HST will take some PTO HP and Hydraulic flow, which I would miss..

/ Kubota L4400 HST? #6  
Hi Barney
I've had my L4400DT for 2 1/2 years. It has worked flawlessly from the start. Starts quickly at near zero or below without using the block heater. Maybe cranks half a second and starts immediately. Every time. HST would be nice if you do a lot of loader work, but the hydrostatic tractors friends have, that constant 'whine' that drives me crazy. Personal preference.
Good choice 4400.
simonmeridew

/ Kubota L4400 HST? #7  
I have a owned L4400DT 4WD for about 2 1/2 years as well. I love it. It has been a strong solid machine. This tractor is all engine & transmission. No real electronics. I have not seen the HST, yet. I am sure it will be a fine machine. I would check them all out and upgrade based on your needs / budget. You decide on the features that are important to you. I happen to like a "gear" tractor, others like to just "mash the pedal" and go. Both types have their strong / weak points. Good LUCK!

/ Kubota L4400 HST? #8  
I just stopped by my dealer, and he has a new HST on the lot! Looked the same as the gear model... He didn't have specs, nor does the website...

/ Kubota L4400 HST?
Thanks everybody! I'm looking forward to seeing the HST machine, but my dealer tells me probably May B4 he gets one.

/ Kubota L4400 HST?
Greenfield Dave said:
I just stopped by my dealer, and he has a new HST on the lot! Looked the same as the gear model... He didn't have specs, nor does the website...

Did you notice if it had the same type of electronics as the Grand Ls have?