KUBOTA L4400 HST

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST #1  
Tractor
Thinking of buying a KUBOTA MX5100
Can anyone give me a view on the KUBOTA L4400 which I am thinking of buying in Victoria Australia with FEL & BACKHOE. Can anyone give me a price indication as the dealers are very up n down until you decide to do the deal.:)

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST #2  
Can anyone give me a view on the KUBOTA L4400 which I am thinking of buying in Victoria Australia with FEL & BACKHOE. Can anyone give me a price indication as the dealers are very up n down until you decide to do the deal.:)

I was looking at buying a L4400 about 10 months ago after having a smaller Kubota for 15 years. The price of the tractor was reasonable but they were going to hit me up about $38,000 for the FEL, 4 in 1 , slasher and tractor.

I then looked at a DS4510HS Kioti which has very similar design and specs to L4400 and was offered the same package for $30,000.

The Kioti is better appointed and is backed by a well established dealer network and parts supplier.
It comes with 2 years warranty in this country.

I have worked this tractor hard for 210 hours and it has performed without problem.

The only issue has been a faulty solenoid replaced easily by myself in 3 minutes the same day.

Go and compare the 2 tractors for yourself and you will find the Kioti is of at least the equivalent quality of the Kubota.

Now I still have my old Kubota and love it but you could not beat the value for money that Kioti offered when I bought mine.

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST
Thanks for your comments Dennis, I'll certainly investigate the KIOTI although the brochure makes no mention of a backhoe as I'll be looking to getting a backhoe too in the package..then later on a post hole digger, a Rotary hoe and a slasher but these items alone can add $$$ to the spend. Sicma have been suggested as the best Rotary Hoes ...but are there any similar cheaper good quality versions?

Did yoy have a look at the Kubota Grand L40 versions and what where the prices for those AS THE ADD ON FEATURES LOOK INTERESTING ALTHO THE ELECTRONICS IDEA ALTHO SEEM TERRIFIC i'M ALWAYS WORRIED THAT THE REPAIR COSTS MIGHT BALLON HIGHER AND OR MIGHT NOT PERMIT THE USE OF THE TRACTOR AT ALL IF THE MULFUNCTION.

I,d like to get at 45HP TRACTOR but if the costs of FEL & BACKHOE in the Kubota go too high I might have to consider a cheaper lower HP combo., tho looking at the Youtube operating versions I keep going back up to a 45HP.

One of the main issues which concern me is stability safety on steep ground which i have on one third of my property...and some posts have commented that the fluid level drops on steep ground and the steering/breaks my fail? Any comments would be helpful

Thanks once again Dennis.

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST #4  
I have a L4400HST with 703A FEL. This has been a soilid tractor. If I were going to buy today I would step up to the MX5100 for the better FEL and the heavier duty front axle. The 3PH ratings on the MX5100 and the L4400 is the same so the L4400 is a robust tractor and has performed well for 300+ hours of use.
:thumbsup:

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST #5  
Thanks for your comments Dennis, I'll certainly investigate the KIOTI although the brochure makes no mention of a backhoe as I'll be looking to getting a backhoe too in the package..then later on a post hole digger, a Rotary hoe and a slasher but these items alone can add $$$ to the spend. Sicma have been suggested as the best Rotary Hoes ...but are there any similar cheaper good quality versions?

Did yoy have a look at the Kubota Grand L40 versions and what where the prices for those AS THE ADD ON FEATURES LOOK INTERESTING ALTHO THE ELECTRONICS IDEA ALTHO SEEM TERRIFIC i'M ALWAYS WORRIED THAT THE REPAIR COSTS MIGHT BALLON HIGHER AND OR MIGHT NOT PERMIT THE USE OF THE TRACTOR AT ALL IF THE MULFUNCTION.

I,d like to get at 45HP TRACTOR but if the costs of FEL & BACKHOE in the Kubota go too high I might have to consider a cheaper lower HP combo., tho looking at the Youtube operating versions I keep going back up to a 45HP.

One of the main issues which concern me is stability safety on steep ground which i have on one third of my property...and some posts have commented that the fluid level drops on steep ground and the steering/breaks my fail? Any comments would be helpful

Thanks once again Dennis.

Kioti also advertise a backhoe, if you are really sure you are going to get use out of one.

The Kubota L4400 is also a fine machine.

I am also wary of too many electronic bells and whistles that I am not able to fix when they malfunction.

With regard to use on steep terrain you will find a lot of threads on TBN commenting on this issue.

I have been particularly impressed about the stability of the DS4510 on the steep hills I have been working over 15 years.

I have widened the tyres and always have a slasher and fel attached and , of course, always go slow.

Most people also argue for tyre ballast , and I used to fill mine, but in my experience it seems more advantageous for extra traction.

I am pretty sure the pumps will keep your fluids up on the steep stuff as long as you maintain the correct fluid level.

The other thing that concerned me when I was buying was advice that steep slopes placed a considerable load on the hst compared to flat terrain.

Anyway I went for gears as I can fix them myself if there is a problem.

If you are doing a lot of loading work, working in confined spaces or just appreciate the convenience , go hst.

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST
Kioti also advertise a backhoe, if you are really sure you are going to get use out of one.

The Kubota L4400 is also a fine machine.

I am also wary of too many electronic bells and whistles that I am not able to fix when they malfunction.

With regard to use on steep terrain you will find a lot of threads on TBN commenting on this issue.

I have been particularly impressed about the stability of the DS4510 on the steep hills I have been working over 15 years.

I have widened the tyres and always have a slasher and fel attached and , of course, always go slow.

Most people also argue for tyre ballast , and I used to fill mine, but in my experience it seems more advantageous for extra traction.

I am pretty sure the pumps will keep your fluids up on the steep stuff as long as you maintain the correct fluid level.

The other thing that concerned me when I was buying was advice that steep slopes placed a considerable load on the hst compared to flat terrain.

Anyway I went for gears as I can fix them myself if there is a problem.

If you are doing a lot of loading work, working in confined spaces or just appreciate the convenience , go hst.
Dennis52 Thanks for your additional comments. Another poster has suggested a MX5100 for stronger axel and obviously extra 5 HP would be helpful but how much more does price go up ...or anyone know what price difference is /or should be between L4400 HST with 4FEL and Backhoe with thumb and the MX5100 HST ith 4FEL and Backhoe with thumb. KUBOTA have specials too on some models which can distort pricings. Some posters say the L4400 is just a standard? What ever that means.

I've got quite a bit of landscaping work to do at Yarra Glen but on otherhand I dont want to overspend if i really dont need to...its too easy to rack up big financing deals @ 5.9%. Thanks guys.

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST #7  
I looked at the L4400 recently and bought the MX5100 -the heavy duty loader and extra power was worth it in my case. The price was a bit more (don't recall exactly how much however) but the lift was a LOT better and the tractor is just a good deal more solid/heavy duty which appealed to me.
the other advantage is it can be setup to be a fair amount wider and thus more stable on the hills which is also very valuable where I live.
The Kioti also seems like a nice machine and I would look at it also if there are dealers near you. In our area they are not well supported so I did not seriously consider them only because of that.
Good luck in your search.

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST #8  
I looked at the L4400 recently and bought the MX5100 -the heavy duty loader and extra power was worth it in my case. The price was a bit more (don't recall exactly how much however) but the lift was a LOT better and the tractor is just a good deal more solid/heavy duty which appealed to me.
the other advantage is it can be setup to be a fair amount wider and thus more stable on the hills which is also very valuable where I live.
The Kioti also seems like a nice machine and I would look at it also if there are dealers near you. In our area they are not well supported so I did not seriously consider them only because of that.
Good luck in your search.

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST
Thanks for your comments Code54 I'm now going to consider the MX5100 in view that you mentioned that it can be set up to be wider for hilly ground, a point not jmentioned by anyone else so far. One of our local dealers is pushing the L4400 because i think he is overstocked in them but his price has been going up whereas another dealer is suggesting the MX5100 pricing is close...so I'm waiting for an indication of pricing.

Your US prices and zero interest rates are a winner but our Reserve Bank is trying to control our spending habits with higher interests rates because worried that cheaper rates will cause inflation.

/ KUBOTA L4400 HST #10  
Here is a photo of how I have mine setup - it gives you a good idea of the width. The tractor with a loader and BH should come in around 35,000ish in the US but I have no idea what it would be for you. I only got the loader, HD bucket, rear hydro's, HST drive and a few little things so my pricing is a bit different than what you are looking for (BTW - I would love a backhoe one day!)

Attachments

• IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 371