Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good??

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good??
So, I got confirmation from Brady Barlow today that my tractor is scheduled for delivery this Saturday! Needless to say, I'm quite excited. 9 years on a horse farm without a tractor... this has been a long time coming! All in all, Barlow Equipment did quite well for us. I got quotes from 5 dealers, and Brady was able to work out the best deal:

L4400DT w/ LA703 loader
Skid-Steer Quick Coupler
R4 Industrial Tires (filled)
Rear Remotes
Taylor-Way 246 6ft cutter
Taylor-Way 4500 6ft box blade
18' by 8'W Tandem Axle Equipment Trailer w/ brakes (10,400lb GVWR)

Final price was about 25.5K After shipping is added on, the final price is about the same as my original quote, but delivery is included, the trailer is a good bit larger and I got the rear remotes to boot. I'm sure lots of folks could drive a much harder bargain then I can, but I'm quite happy, Brady has been very easy to deal with, and he's been extremely patient with the tons of questions that I've been firing at him. I'm sure that finalizing the deal on Saturday will be just as easy.

Thanks everyone for all the advice! I'm so glad I made the original post.

Thanks everyone for all the advice! I'm so glad I made the original post.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #22  
Wow it seems like yesterday that my tractors yes tractors were delivered(wife left the checkbook unattended). I had a L4400HST(New) and a BX1500(used) delivered from Barlows after we talked on the phone. Now my wife gets nervous any time a call from Kentucky comes in. :D:D:D Post lots of pics of the big arrival so we can all share in your big day. Here are a few to get you ready. The first 2 pics are the Kubotas arriving and the 3rd is my old faithful friend IH424 what a pal it had to go it was gas notpower steering and 2wd.

Attachments

• HPIM1488 (Custom).JPG
    HPIM1488 (Custom).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 522
  • HPIM1489 (Custom).JPG
    HPIM1489 (Custom).JPG
    54 KB · Views: 283
  • HPIM1501 (Large).JPG
    HPIM1501 (Large).JPG
    145 KB · Views: 277
Well, I finally got my new L4400DT delivered last Sunday. Brady and crew really had to work overtime for this delivery since we found out when unloading the box blade from the flatbed that there was a problem with the loader hydraulics. The loader could barely lift itself unless the throttle was increased considerably.

In order to troubleshoot and fix the problem, Marvin, the delivery agent stayed in Virginia an extra 2 days. Now everything is back up and running in first class order. It's tough when stuff like this happens, but Brady and crew were great to deal with the whole way through. They really went the extra mile to make sure that everything was fixed and operating correctly before leaving the tractor at it's new home. I'm sure Marvin was quite happy to finally be on the road home! So, an HUGE thanks to Barlow Equipment from by myself and the wife!!

The frustrating thing now is that both my work schedule and the weather have been so terrible lately that I haven't had ANY time to go out and "play". And now they're calling for rain and snow this weekend... again! It's enough to drive me crazy! I hate heading out to work in the mornings, seeing the tractor, and not getting to have fun on it! :mad:

Last edited:
Oh, and as a side note... the Gatormade trailer I purchased along with the L4400 is really quite nice. I really wasn't able to find any reviews online, but was quite happy once I got to see it first hand.

My single complaint is that the tongue is a bit short. The tractor and 6ft cutter fit well on the 18ft bed with the ramps flipped up. The cutter only hangs of the back by maybe a foot. However since the tongue is fairly short, the bucket needs to be detached when hauling because it would hit the truck bumper when turning. My hope was that the tongue would have been longer and the loader bucket could be rested on the trailer tongue went it's hauled. In the end, I think that it should still be okay. I think that I can pull up, place the bucket as far forward as possible, detach the bucket, then pull up further and rest the loader arm on top of the bucket.

medicshawn was probably right earlier when he said a longer trailer would work better. However, I think 20ft instead of 22 or 24 would be just fine. In the end, I got the biggest trailer my budget would allow. In a few years when everything is paid for, maybe I can sell it and look for something larger. If I went bigger, I'd really like a 14K, 22ft, gooseneck trailer, but that's not an option right now. So this trailer is certainly great for the time being.

/ Kubota L4400 package deals... are these good?? #25  
Sounds like Brady and the other guys from Barlows took care of you. They are great people to deal with. Marvin delivered a Grapple and a small 5' rear scraper blade for the BX1500. He seemed like a good guy and is a Kubota owner as well. You will enjoy the L4400 it is a powerful tractor yet nimble. Have fun and congratulations.