Kubota L45 Valve

/ Kubota L45 Valve
After cleaning out the valve I used the L45 about 6 hours and it worked good there was one time it acted like it past some trash or had some air in it but I was not using the sickle bar or the 3rd function so hopefully it past on to the tank where the filter can take care of it.

/ Kubota L45 Valve #12  
I'm curious where the pieces of seal came from. Could it have been from the sickle bar attachment? Do you have any ideas?
rScotty

/ Kubota L45 Valve
rScotty that is what I'm thinking happen but I have not torn into the sickle bar valve to see.

/ Kubota L45 Valve #14  
rScotty that is what I'm thinking happen but I have not torn into the sickle bar valve to see.

Was the sickle bar new or used? Is there any filtration on the sickle bar itself?

And now I'm wondering if the return from the sickle bar hydraulics goes directly to the sump or does something else before returning to the sump?

My thinking is that once crud is in the sump it is pretty safe down there because it can't get out of there to cause any problem without going through the suction filter, right? ... I think.... or maybe I should say, "I hope".

rScotty

/ Kubota L45 Valve
Was the sickle bar new or used? Is there any filtration on the sickle bar itself?

And now I'm wondering if the return from the sickle bar hydraulics goes directly to the sump or does something else before returning to the sump?

My thinking is that once crud is in the sump it is pretty safe down there because it can't get out of there to cause any problem without going through the suction filter, right? ... I think.... or maybe I should say, "I hope".

rScotty
The sickle bar was used and no filtration on the bar there is a diverter valve that either goes to the lifting cylinder or the sickle bar motor. when the diverter valve is going to the cylinder I can raise or lower by using the 3rd function buttons on the loader. I don't have a schematic but I believe it all goes through the 3rd function valve. I agree with once the crud makes it to the sump it is there or in the filter and out of harms way.

/ Kubota L45 Valve #16  
If that much material was from a seal I would expect some other problem maybe?

At a local hydraulic shop I’ve watched them make hoses. Cut with abrasive chop saw, shake a little, insert fittings, crimp. That’s got me blowing out hoses before installing.

Got some 20’ hoses from surplus center recently. Blew them out but didn’t see any debris.