Kubota L48 TLB stabilizers / outriggers help

/ Kubota L48 TLB stabilizers / outriggers help #1  

teabor

Tractor
Kubota L39 and L48
Hello everyone.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced weak stabilizers on their backhoe? I have a L48 with the BT1100 backhoe and the stabilizers seem to pick up the back end of the tractor only a tiny bit. I would say about 4 inches. They do not fully extend as I thought they should when under load. I can pick up the back end completely with the boom and test the travel of the stabilizers, and the do travel the entire amount. They do not leak down when extended and the rest of the backhoe functions work great. System pressure is spot on and engine rpm is about 2000. I will post a video in the next couple of days and test if I am leaking by the piston. I do not suspect this because I am getting about 2750 PSI for the hydraulic lines to the stabilizer cylinder.

Backhoe has about 200 hrs on it.

On a side note, I owned and L39 TLB and the stabilizers were able to pick up the tractor with now issues.

Thanks

/ Kubota L48 TLB stabilizers / outriggers help #2  
When you say the stabilizers will pick up a little bit, are you saying that the cyl is fully extended or that it could not develop the pressure.

/ Kubota L48 TLB stabilizers / outriggers help #3  
After you do your piston test I think you well see the piston is leaking by.

/ Kubota L48 TLB stabilizers / outriggers help #4  
I think you will find there is nothing wrong with them mine has been that way since day one. They will hold the machine up all day but will not pick it up more than a few inches believe it has to do with the geometry when you extend them.

/ Kubota L48 TLB stabilizers / outriggers help
J_J,

When the cyl hit relief, it's extended about 60%. I checked the cyl pressure (line feeding the back of the cyl, extends the cyl) and was able to achieve the proper system pressure of 2750 PSI.

Dirthog,

If it's only meant to lift the tractor a couple inches, how would you level it out if you wanted to dig and the tractor was sitting on a slope the required the stabilizer to level it out a bit more?

/ Kubota L48 TLB stabilizers / outriggers help #6  
Provide the angle of the cyl and the size of the cyl and we can figure the push force.

Cylinder boar is 2.75". What angle are you looking for? I attached a picture of the stabilizers at max lift.

I checked piston leak by, I there was non. The seal on the piston is good. I verified pressure and it was also right where it should be. I will follow up with a youtube link to show everyone how the cyl is acting.
Stabilizers max.jpg

/ Kubota L48 TLB stabilizers / outriggers help #10  
Cylinder boar is 2.75". What angle are you looking for? I attached a picture of the stabilizers at max lift.

I checked piston leak by, I there was non. The seal on the piston is good. I verified pressure and it was also right where it should be. I will follow up with a youtube link to show everyone how the cyl is acting.
View attachment 420474

What happens if you raise the machine with the dipper/boom and then lower the outriggers? Will the outriggers then support the machine?