Kubota L6060 OE Air ride seat not functioning properly?

/ Kubota L6060 OE Air ride seat not functioning properly? #1  

Blaszer

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060 / RTV500 / SCAG V Ride II 61"
Does anyone have the optional air ride seat in their Grand L series? I spent the extra money on it thinking it would be a nice addition. Well first thing I noticed was that it didn't feel like any other air ride seat I had ever been on, non of the "floating on a cloud" feeling...:thumbdown:

My ZD1211 with a mechanical suspension seat is WAY more plush than the air ride. The compressor DOES turn on and inflate (raise) the seat, and it will dump air until it is flat on the seat frame, and I do have it as the correct PSI for my weight (the little arrow is right in the middle of the "OK" area).

It is so rough, that a simple 1 inch pot hole on a paved road will nearly break my back and toss me into the roof... not what I would call smooth. I HATE taking it on a gravel road because it is so rough.

The seat does not operate like any air ride seat I have ever used before, non of that cloud feeling, more like riding in a car that is sitting on the bump stops. I would say it only moves maybe an inch, more cushion in the seat pad than the air.

Does anyone have any experience with this seat in their Grand L?

Thanks for any help!

/ Kubota L6060 OE Air ride seat not functioning properly? #2  
There is a gauge above the inflator/dump lever. In the middle of tha gauge is a sweet spot range mark you want the needle in. I presume the pressure changes based on operator weight, but havent ever tried contorting to check it out while I'm not seated.

I'm pretty happy with the air ride seat in my L4060HSTC. It will bottom out if it's not inflated enough & is stiff if overinflated. But rides well if dialed in by the gauge or feel (which match up to me). No way a tractor will be cloud smooth, but it keeps my bad back from getting worse.

/ Kubota L6060 OE Air ride seat not functioning properly? #4  
I feel the same way about the air seat on my L6060. Set in the middle of the range, driving down our gravel county roads is a continuous bottom stop to top stop join engines. Nothing at all like my M7-171 or our JD7720. Having had to contend with operator space requirements in design, I think Kubota needed a compromise seat in order to meet the head room requirement of a 90th percentile Western male. A person fitting their own seat doesn’t need to meet the ISO specs and can therefore fit a seat with more range. I got air suspension because of the rough ride of my L5740 and quickly realized I wasted money.

/ Kubota L6060 OE Air ride seat not functioning properly?
I feel the same way about the air seat on my L6060. Set in the middle of the range, driving down our gravel county roads is a continuous bottom stop to top stop join engines. Nothing at all like my M7-171 or our JD7720. Having had to contend with operator space requirements in design, I think Kubota needed a compromise seat in order to meet the head room requirement of a 90th percentile Western male. A person fitting their own seat doesn稚 need to meet the ISO specs and can therefore fit a seat with more range. I got air suspension because of the rough ride of my L5740 and quickly realized I wasted money.

EXACTLY! I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I bush hogged about 15 acres of cow pasture yesterday... VERY bumpy LOL:laughing:
Just not what I thought an air ride seat would perform like

/ Kubota L6060 OE Air ride seat not functioning properly? #6  
I agree, I always thought something was out of whack with my L6060 seat. It never had the plush and noticeable bounce that other air ride seats that Ive sat on had. Very disappointing for sure.

I agree, I always thought something was out of whack with my L6060 seat. It never had the plush and noticeable bounce that other air ride seats that Ive sat on had. Very disappointing for sure.

Now people say that the air ride seat is a huge upgrade over the standard... can you imagine how that ride would be:laughing:

/ Kubota L6060 OE Air ride seat not functioning properly? #8  
I don't know about the L6060HST, but I know four L5740HSTC who can tell you the OEM seat was unbearable compared with the Grammar. Grammar makes the OEM for the L6060, but it is not the same as mine; can't find mine right off hand, believe it was MSG93.

/ Kubota L6060 OE Air ride seat not functioning properly? #9  
Now you guys have me rethinking the air ride seat on the L6060HSTCC that I ordered. I read a few threads before where guys loved their air ride seat but maybe they weren't the one that is an option on the L6060. I took an L6060 with air ride seat for a demo and thought to myself that there was not much travel on the seat compared to the stock seat but the stock seat I tried was not a good fit for my butt and the weight adjustment did not work well or at all. I have a Grammer suspension seat in my Massey 1749 and absolutely love that seat. I might swing by the dealer today ans see if I can get them to install the new air ride seat in the Massey I'm trading in and take the Massey seat and put it into the new L6060.

The suspension seat in the Massey looks very much like the one TripleR has in his tractor. The Massey seat (Grammer) has 3 height adjustments and a functioning weight adjustment. Very nice ride!!!!

Now you guys have me rethinking the air ride seat on the L6060HSTCC that I ordered. I read a few threads before where guys loved their air ride seat but maybe they weren't the one that is an option on the L6060. I took an L6060 with air ride seat for a demo and thought to myself that there was not much travel on the seat compared to the stock seat but the stock seat I tried was not a good fit for my butt and the weight adjustment did not work well or at all. I have a Grammer suspension seat in my Massey 1749 and absolutely love that seat. I might swing by the dealer today ans see if I can get them to install the new air ride seat in the Massey I'm trading in and take the Massey seat and put it into the new L6060.

The suspension seat in the Massey looks very much like the one TripleR has in his tractor. The Massey seat (Grammer) has 3 height adjustments and a functioning weight adjustment. Very nice ride!!!!

That is a tough one. I am not sure if it would fit, be curious to know if it did. I don't have any experience W/O the air ride seat, but you are right, is has very little travel. I do like the adjustments of the back as well and lumbar. Also the "kill switch" is very soft in the seat, so to run the PTO without an operator only takes a 10lb weight.