Kubota Lift Arm Ends - Repair and/or Replacement with Kubota or Aftermarket

/ Kubota Lift Arm Ends - Repair and/or Replacement with Kubota or Aftermarket #1  

truejourney

Tractor
Kubota B2710
I have a Kubota B-2710 and the lower lift arm ends are needing replacement (it is ready to lose its balls). I would appreciate any input in regard to repair and/or replacement.

New Kubota lift arms are about about $550 for a pair which is a lot. In glancing, I've seen some suppliers have aftermarket parts for a lower price. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations? I recently bit the bullet and replaced the tie rod ends with original Kubota parts because the original ones lasted a long time with a lot of hard work, but if aftermarket options can be of good quality and a cheaper price, I would consider the options.

Also, various suppliers (Tractor Supply, etc.) have replacement ends for less than $20 each. I have a stick welder but am only a mediocre welder so would likely have my son's father in law (retired career welder) perform the task, or perhaps have the repair done with a local welder (my son's FIL lives a couple hours away). With the stress that can sometimes be experienced, I want the repair to be dependable and would appreciate anyone's experience with replacement ends.

Thank you in advance!

Art

/ Kubota Lift Arm Ends - Repair and/or Replacement with Kubota or Aftermarket #2  
I'm assuming we're talking about a well loved (aka lots of hours tractor). I would just replace the ends, but not with a TSC I'd look around and try to find a quality one that's gonna last as long as the originals have, especially since you have a way to get them semi professionally metal hot glue gunned.

/ Kubota Lift Arm Ends - Repair and/or Replacement with Kubota or Aftermarket #3  
I don't know where to get them but I've read of some European style quick attach ends for the three point arms. They involve cutting the existing ends off the arms and welding on the new adapters. You may wish to investigate this approach. If faced with cutting the ends off the arms I sure would. You could also consider a pair of Pat's quick attach adapters. You put them on your existing arms but don't remove them again. They do extend the arm length slightly and you may need a longer PTO drive shaft for any PTO driven implements. I found I also needed a longer top link but found them well worth the expense due to the much easier change of implements.

/ Kubota Lift Arm Ends - Repair and/or Replacement with Kubota or Aftermarket #4  
recommend looking at post number 1844 in this thread, I believe Avenger has installed the ideal solution, he even has videos showing exactly how he did it ! if they ever start selling a complete ready to install kit to fit my LS XR4155 I will probably buy it, there are 2 videos but the one titled Hooks and Balls is the the one I recommend to help with your situation.

Last edited:
   / Kubota Lift Arm Ends - Repair and/or Replacement with Kubota or Aftermarket #5  
I'm assuming we're talking about a well loved (aka lots of hours tractor). I would just replace the ends, but not with a TSC I'd look around and try to find a quality one that's gonna last as long as the originals have, especially since you have a way to get them semi professionally metal hot glue gunned.
This is what I would do also. Weld new ends on. The arms are easy to remove and bring to somewhere that's capable of welding if you feel that your not.