Kubota M40 v. 5030HSTC v. NH TN7da v. Toolcat

/ Kubota M40 v. 5030HSTC v. NH TN7da v. Toolcat #1  

JDPN

Silver Member
In the next year or so I need to make a decision on which one of these to buy. Currently we have a Kubota Grand L 4200 w/ FEL and rear blade. I have 6 acres of flat woods with lots of trees, fallen and standing. Cab and loader neccesary for snow removal. A grapple would be nice for brush. What is the limit for too Much ability??? Are there any other snow blower manufacturers other than Loftness, Erskine, provost??? All are very capable machines. Thanks for the help.

/ Kubota M40 v. 5030HSTC v. NH TN7da v. Toolcat #2  
A cab in the woods can be a disaster, been there done that. You need eyes in the back of your head to avoid damage and cab damage on any enclosed tractor is expensive.

That said, if your a real careful you can do it. I have a Lucknow 80" rear blower that I used with my 5030 and now resides on my M9. Good unit, no problems at all in 4 years. I never use my loader for snow, the blower does it all.

The 80 was really too wide for the 5030, it worked it real hard. I'd say a 70 would be about all the tractor can realistically handle.

/ Kubota M40 v. 5030HSTC v. NH TN7da v. Toolcat #3  
Wow, you’re looking at a lot of tractor for 6 acres but then you know your situation better than anyone. I would question if the ToolCat should even be considered if you need a tractor in the 50 to 75hp range. I drove one and found it to be a versatile utility vehicle but not near the workhorse the tractors you mention are. It just didn’t have enough weight and traction for the loader to do much digging. It would make a nice snow blowing or mower platform with its cab though.

MarkV

/ Kubota M40 v. 5030HSTC v. NH TN7da v. Toolcat #4  
Got a 72" Lucknow on my 5030 and it does very well. The hydro lets you feed nicely.

I used the same blower on a much larger tractor before and it could still drag it down in deep snow if you didn't get it into a lower gear quickly. The other tractor would also frequently bust shear pins if you let the rpms drop too far when shifting gears.

Haven't busted anything yet with the 5030.

/ Kubota M40 v. 5030HSTC v. NH TN7da v. Toolcat #5  
I considered a toolcat about 1 year ago and decided against it I needed alot more HP/traction to deal with the issues on the farm. I decided to buy equipment that might not be as versatile as a toolcat but would get the job done quickly. I presently have a 94" snowblower on my M9000, brand is enconer made by Compagnie Normand out of canada.

/ Kubota M40 v. 5030HSTC v. NH TN7da v. Toolcat #6  
Carl:

(I looked at your bio), I like toy1 too. actually, should be many toys. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was wondering how your 94" does on your M9 and what model is your M9 exactly?

My Lucknow sort of makes the M9 work a little, very little.

/ Kubota M40 v. 5030HSTC v. NH TN7da v. Toolcat
A toolcat could take the place for most of the work around here of both a tractor and a utility vehicle, but nothing beats tooling around the yard in a tractor. Any other advantages to a tractor other than digging force and power?

/ Kubota M40 v. 5030HSTC v. NH TN7da v. Toolcat #8  
Nielo, I was all set to ask "what's an M40?", then decided to look into it. I can't wait to see one, sounds like Kubota's been busy. Some of the highlights: cool-sounding cab with curved windshield, curved loader arms (with up to an 11'5" lift), optional limited-slip differential, on-the-go MFWA, and optional self-levelling loader feature that can be turned on or off.

Sounds like quite the machine. Stand back, or better yet, go take cover in your basement - Daryl might be pulling his wallet out again! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here's a link:
Kubota M40 Series - A Tractor Aimed At CATTLEMEN (Hay and livestock producers)

Coming to a dealership near you, spring of '06.

/ Kubota M40 v. 5030HSTC v. NH TN7da v. Toolcat #9  
You can see the new m series at the Deen Implement website:

http://www.deenimplement.com/

Just go to the Kubota Section and click on the new M series link. The Cab looks sweet, at least from the tiny pictures they show.

/ Kubota M40 v. 5030HSTC v. NH TN7da v. Toolcat
I have heard of on this site of little response to the foot "Rocker" pedal for the hydro tranny on the 5030.

Is this true?

OR
Do some users have lead feet?