Kubota M4900 Forward-Reverse shift stuck

/ Kubota M4900 Forward-Reverse shift stuck #1  

MikeOnline

Tractor
Kubota M4900
The shifter that puts my tractor into forward and reverse has been getting more difficult to move, and I'm afraid it will snap with the pressure I need to put on it in order to shift.

Is there a way I can fix this issue?

I don't know much about tractors, but I can do my best to answer questions for clarification.

/ Kubota M4900 Forward-Reverse shift stuck #2  
Welcome to TBN
Does your tractor have hyd or sync reverser? Several yrs back I owned a M4900 with sync reverser that I utilized to handle rd bales with FEL. The sync reverser stuck in reverse. Tractor had to be split & reverser synchronizers R&R'd. Have you lubricated your tractor's reverser shift linkages?

/ Kubota M4900 Forward-Reverse shift stuck
Terms I don't know: hyd, sync reverser, rd bales, FEL, R&R, reverser shift linkages

So no, I haven't lubricated those. Sorry... I told you I don't know anything about tractors! I can learn.

/ Kubota M4900 Forward-Reverse shift stuck #4  
hyd=hydraulics
sync=synchronized
rd=round
FEL=front end loader
R&R=remove & replacer
reverser shift linkages=self explanatory.

Have you ever considered searching for description of unknown terms in Websters dictionary,Wikipedia or simply utilizing Google??

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-01-08 062702.png
    Annotation 2020-01-08 062702.png
    32 KB · Views: 78
   / Kubota M4900 Forward-Reverse shift stuck
The tractor has hydraulics, still not sure what a synchronized reverser is, so not sure if this tractor has it. "Reverser shift linkages', like, I can read the words, but it doesn't mean I can identify that part of a tractor. You could say "find the coupling tract inducer" and it would mean the same to me.

/ Kubota M4900 Forward-Reverse shift stuck #6  
It appears from viewing M4900 parts catalog that your tractor can only have the option of mechanical(synchronized) fwd/rev gear box. Synchronized reverser is a gearbox inside clutch housing that changes tractors direction from fwd to rev & vice-versa. I suggest to lubricated joints on shift linkage located on the top of clutch housing. If lubrication doesn't help then tractor will probably require splitting to service reverser similar to M4900 I once owned.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-01-09 051353.png
    Annotation 2020-01-09 051353.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 294