Kubota M5040 vs. JD 5105

/ Kubota M5040 vs. JD 5105 #21  
Oleozz said:
I attempted to get the results for Kioti (Daedong) and came up empty. Does that mean no testing for those tractors?

[FONT=Arial, helvetica]Daedong [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]DK 80 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]49.7 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]2002 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]English PDF [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]XLS [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]DK 90 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]55.6 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]2002 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]DK 45 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]27 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]2001 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]DK 50 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]30.3 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]2001 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]LB1914 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]12.8 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]2000 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]LK2554 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]14.3 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]LK3054 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]17.5 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]LK3504 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]19.1 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]L3503-D [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]21.2 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]XLS [/FONT]​

its there....?

/ Kubota M5040 vs. JD 5105 #22  
Neil is correct that Daedong tractors are listed. However, none of them have been tested since 2002 so that means almost all the current models are untested. That seems odd considering that one of the test sites is in Korea.

/ Kubota M5040 vs. JD 5105 #23  
Neil, I just went to that website (OECD) and it seems to be way outdated? The last Kubota test I could find was back in 2001. Was I searching wrong or what?

/ Kubota M5040 vs. JD 5105 #24  
Thanks for posting, I guess I didn't look deep enough.

/ Kubota M5040 vs. JD 5105 #25  
BillyP said:
Neil, I just went to that website (OECD) and it seems to be way outdated? The last Kubota test I could find was back in 2001. Was I searching wrong or what?
Your information is correct. Check other manufacturers such as JD, Case/NH, AGCO; most of their info is current. IMHO, the other manufacturer's test results did not match their advertised output, so they choose not to submit their results.

/ Kubota M5040 vs. JD 5105 #26  
BleedGreen said:
and13345,

I sincerely apologize if I gave you incorrect specs - this is what I have to go on... I just checked on the Kubota website, and they state that the 3 pt on the M5040 lifts 3,307# @ 24" behind lift point. Deere states the 3 pt on the 5105 lifts 4,884# @ 24" behind lift point. If my specs are wrong, I apologize, but I am just going by what both manufacturers state on their websites. I included some pictures of the Deere and Kubota loaders, front axles and the Deere transmission levers. Once again, I don't think you can go wrong with either unit, and if the pricing was closer I would push you towards the Deere (there is that green bias again :D ) but at 3K lower for the Kubota, I don't see how you can go wrong... Good Luck!!!

The 5105 is synchronized between the "A" Range and Reverse ONLY. Here is the Sales Manual explanation of the Deere 8/4 SyncReverser Transmission:

SyncReverser transmission with 8 forward and 4 reverse speeds

The SyncReverser transmission is designed to match the excellent power and torque characteristics of the John Deere PowerTech™ engines. Transmission durability is enhanced with the pressure-lubricated top shaft, allowing an operator to achieve performance from one working season to the next.

Easy and comfortable shifting - Operator-friendly transmission controls - Synchronized shifting from A range to reverse - Gear shift "in-line" speed selection pattern

Eight forward and four reverse speeds are achieved by using two platform-mounted levers for shift operation. The right-hand lever selects one of four speeds in forward or reverse in a collarshift "in-line" pattern. The left-hand lever selects ranges A and B and reverse. The A range to reverse is synchronized and provides left-hand "in-line" shuttle shifting. The synchronization is especially desirable to loader operators as a stop is not required to shift from A range to reverse. Shifting to B range requires bringing the tractor to a complete stop.

It is my understanding; strength in the castings is determined by the quality of casting material, and not the thickness. I have never had any structural failures with my Kubota fleet over the last 30 years. Is the JD 5105 built in INDIA?

/ Kubota M5040 vs. JD 5105 #27  
machmeter62 said:
It is my understanding; strength in the castings is determined by the quality of casting material, and not the thickness. I have never had any structural failures with my Kubota fleet over the last 30 years. Is the JD 5105 built in INDIA?

JD says the 5105 is assembled in the US. Where the parts come from I don't know. The 5103 is assembled in India, but despite the close numbering and similar size I think it's a totally different tractor. I would be very surprised if anyone could point to information that JD is using inferior metal for its castings. It may be no better than what Kubota uses, but I think it's at least as good.

/ Kubota M5040 vs. JD 5105 #28  
Z-Michigan said:
JD says the 5105 is assembled in the US. Where the parts come from I don't know. The 5103 is assembled in India, but despite the close numbering and similar size I think it's a totally different tractor. I would be very surprised if anyone could point to information that JD is using inferior metal for its castings. It may be no better than what Kubota uses, but I think it's at least as good.

Thanx for the reply. I often see on this board, where members think more weight is greater strength; which can be a misleading fact.

/ Kubota M5040 vs. JD 5105 #29  
dgl24087 said:
Your information is correct. Check other manufacturers such as JD, Case/NH, AGCO; most of their info is current. IMHO, the other manufacturer's test results did not match their advertised output, so they choose not to submit their results.

Do you think that if the test does not go "as planned" - the manufacturer can take it "off the board" so to speak?

/ Kubota M5040 vs. JD 5105 #30  
machmeter62 said:

I guess I am confused... Did someone state that the larger & heavier a casting is, the stronger it is???

All three 5000 Series tractors are different:

As Z-Michigan said, the 5000 "3" Series tractors (5103, 5203, 5303, 5403 and the soon to be released 5603) are built in India. The testing on them is done in India as well. Deere has had a presence in India since the late 1940's. In fact, the Mahindra factory in India used to build Deere tractors under license - although that was some time ago.

The 5000 "5" Series tractors (5105 & 5205) are made in Deere's Augusta, Georgia factory, along with the top of the line 5000 "25" Series (5225, 5325, 5425 & 5525) tractors. Both of these series tractors were tested in Nebraska.

It is my understanding that Deere tests their tractors at the closest OECD facility to the manufacturing plant - 5x03 in India; 5x05 & 5x25 (Augusta, GA) in Nebraska; 6x03 7x05 & 7x20 OpenStation (Saltillo, Mexico) in Nebraska; 6x15, 6x20 & 6x30 (Mannheim, Germany) in Germany; 7x20 Cab & 7x30 (Waterloo, IA) in Nebraska, etc.