Buying Advice Kubota M6060 --What Options Add-Ons Are Essential

/ Kubota M6060 --What Options Add-Ons Are Essential #1  

bodin1968

Bronze Member
Tractor
1968 John Deere 2020
looking at buying the M6060 or M7060.

what options or add-ons do you believe are a must have with these models. tx n advance...

/ Kubota M6060 --What Options Add-Ons Are Essential #2  
I use my 7040 to bush hog and I would like the 12 gears. In low range you have just 4 with my tractor. That's enough but would like two more speeds. The extra gears just let you find a "sweet spot" in the speed range as high and low in the range are the same as the 4 gear tranny, you just have two more speeds in between.High range is too fast for any work on my bumpy/sinkhole farm. Two hydro remotes. Loader, if not loader front weights. Fluid in tires. Your in 'bama so shouldn't need to worry about it freezing too much. I have the cast iron wheels which are nice. I also have the bigger tires which helps the ride.

My tractor has 160 hours on it and about 125 of that is heavy bushhogging. It's broke in and has more power than it did. I've put Super UDT2 in the trans and Rotella6 in the engine. Both seemed to give it a tiny boost in HP. Best thing about this tractor is the cooling! I bushhogged 6 solid hours the other day and the temp stayed very constant even with the front screen about half covered with fuzz. On my L series tractors I would have to clean it off about every 2 or 3 hours or it would start to run hot. I really like my M7040.

/ Kubota M6060 --What Options Add-Ons Are Essential #3  

what options or add-ons do you believe are a must have with these models. tx n advance...

It really depends on how and what the tractor will be used for, which is why there are options. Try to give a description of what all you will be using it for and people can give better more reasonable suggestions. ;)

/ Kubota M6060 --What Options Add-Ons Are Essential #4  
Like Bilrus mentionned the 12 speed trans is almost a must and it comes with extra goodies.

Messick will tell you all about it no doubt more clearly than anyone

/ Kubota M6060 --What Options Add-Ons Are Essential
i'm a gentleman farmer. no cattle or crops.. will mainly be using the tractor for bush hogging, discing and planting green fields and chufa plots.

i'm sure i would use it but i'm not looking to get a FEL, unless the deal is too good to pass up...

/ Kubota M6060 --What Options Add-Ons Are Essential #6  
I'm a fan of more gears (12 sp) for starters. A 2nd or 3rd rear remote is another. Imo a tractor that size begs a FEL if you ever see yourself selling it, and as you said, you'll use it. It's right in the size for a small- medium "utility" tractor. "Utility" to me means loader chores. Have fun!

/ Kubota M6060 --What Options Add-Ons Are Essential #7  
I'm a fan of more gears (12 sp) for starters. A 2nd or 3rd rear remote is another. Imo a tractor that size begs a FEL if you ever see yourself selling it, and as you said, you'll use it. It's right in the size for a small- medium "utility" tractor. "Utility" to me means loader chores. Have fun!

Agreed.

It will be tough to sell in the future without a FEL.

SDT

/ Kubota M6060 --What Options Add-Ons Are Essential #8  

Triple rear hydraulic remotes. Skid steer quick attach on the FEL bucket.

/ Kubota M6060 --What Options Add-Ons Are Essential #9  
I have a 2009 M6040. I have Rimguard in the rears( adds 1550# in total), FEL with grapple up front and a monster Rhino 950 rear blade out back. In this configuration it weighs 10,100#.
I maintain my mile long gravel driveway both summer and winter. Thin between 750-900 small pines and chip them every spring. Maintain a few trails running thru the property. Move, pile and place large rocks and chunks of Ponderosa pine thru out the property. I do no brush hogging or mowing with the tractor.

I've accumulated the following implements within the last eight years - grapple, bucket, chipper, land plane grading scraper, roll over box blade, disk harrow, single bottom plow and rear blade.

I only have about ten acres of meadow on my eighty acres here and thru a verbal agreement the neighbors cows keep that cropped very well. I have small patches of buck brush and nothing else worthy of mowing on all the property. The deer do their best to keep the buck brush in check.

View attachment 517603

This is the view off my front porch - across my five acre lake. Its 80 feet deep and stocked with bass right now. Life is good.

View attachment 517604

This is my tractor as its set up today.

BTW - I forgot one of my most essential tools/implements - hydraulic top link. Its a God-sent tool for adjustment of ground contact implements.

/ Kubota M6060 --What Options Add-Ons Are Essential #10  
The loader is essential. After that, yes the 12 speed option would be crucial in my book. After using them all summer, I wouldn't want to be without my hydraulic top and tilt cylinders.