Kubota M62 Cranks, Won't Start, Backhoe/3PH Interlock Issue (SOLVED!)

/ Kubota M62 Cranks, Won't Start, Backhoe/3PH Interlock Issue (SOLVED!) #31  
Got a link to those valve stems? There must be a million of 'em on eBay and Amazon...

Sorry, that was over 10-15+ years ago. Always insisted bolt-in stems on the trucks and equipment trailers. Use as short as possible. Like the metal hex stem caps with o-ring.

Deep mud has taken out some rubber stems which makes a huge mess. Have yet to have a bolt-in stem failure. Mud, wood, rocks sure like snag a valve stem. Like the extra collar stem protectors on the rims the TLBs have. Sure would add to tractors used in the woods.

/ Kubota M62 Cranks, Won't Start, Backhoe/3PH Interlock Issue (SOLVED!) #32  
I agree, I have found zero use for the crawl mode.. .was hoping you had more success.. speaking of buckets... I found a seeeeeemookin deal on a WB bucket.. of all places, EBAY!!!!!! HUNDREDS dollars cheaper than my Arizona Kubota dealer... It was only like $149.00 for shipping/freight from Mass to NW Arizona (near Vegas).. amazing. Below is the feedback I left them..... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if anyones looking for a bucket.. it's an authentic WB, it came with the tags and appears to be the real thing.

1679915571121.png

Check out the other goodies they have, from hoods to pins... rippers etc... they're my NEW GO TO SOURCE for my M62....

Last edited:
   / Kubota M62 Cranks, Won't Start, Backhoe/3PH Interlock Issue (SOLVED!) #33  
You're scaring the hell out of me with your over extension of your cylinders here... not my place to say it but personally you'd probably be safer having that bucket back halfway with the leading edge dug into the ground than with that cylinder reach... but I'm no expert.. you're not back dragging so probably good but extended that far, any impacts on the back end are going to be carried by those cylinder rods (unless you're laying it so far that your resting the bucket on SS system which I'd think can't be good for premature wear on the already tiny SS locking tips (mine are just barely able to hold the SS quick coupler on is it is, maybe yours are longer) ... zoykes...

Last edited:
   / Kubota M62 Cranks, Won't Start, Backhoe/3PH Interlock Issue (SOLVED!)
You're scaring the hell out of me with your over extension of your cylinders here... not my place to say it but personally you'd probably be safer having that bucket back where halfway with the leading edge dug into the ground than with that cylinder reach... but I'm no expert.. you're not back dragging so probably good but extended that far, any impacts on the back end are going to be carried by those cylinder rods (unless you're laying it so far that your resting the bucket on SS system which I'd think can't be good for premature wear on the already tiny SS locking tips (mine are just barely able to hold the SS quick coupler on is it is, maybe yours are longer) ... zoykes...
I parked it like that only while changing out that busted hydraulic line. While digging, I dig the lower edge of the bucket in to provide stability and keep the tractor from slipping down hill. I didn't have the stabilizers down in the photo because the busted line was on that circuit. I was really nervous doing it there, but I really didn't have a choice as the tractor wasn't going anywhere as it was almost out of hydraulic fluid at that point.

/ Kubota M62 Cranks, Won't Start, Backhoe/3PH Interlock Issue (SOLVED!) #35  
I parked it like that only while changing out that busted hydraulic line. While digging, I dig the lower edge of the bucket in to provide stability and keep the tractor from slipping down hill. I didn't have the stabilizers down in the photo because the busted line was on that circuit. I was really nervous doing it there, but I really didn't have a choice as the tractor wasn't going anywhere as it was almost out of hydraulic fluid at that point.
You've re-instilled my faith in you. :) Can you elaborate on which hose you had to replace, I may get a backup made, thanks.

I agree, I have found zero use for the crawl mode.. .was hoping you had more success.. speaking of buckets... I found a seeeeeemookin deal on a WB bucket.. of all places, EBAY!!!!!! HUNDREDS dollars cheaper than my Arizona Kubota dealer... It was only like $149.00 for shipping/freight from Mass to NW Arizona (near Vegas).. amazing. Below is the feedback I left them..... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if anyones looking for a bucket.. it's an authentic WB, it came with the tags and appears to be the real thing.
Looks like a pretty good deal to me! It's amazing what Google can find. When I was searching for that trenching bucket, it found Hunt Tractor in Central Point (Medford), Oregon. Kubota gets $969 for a 12" QUICK ATTACH TRENCHING BUCKET (K78720). They sold it to me for $600.00 OTD. Oregon doesn't charge sales tax, so while I was up there I ordered a thumb for the backhoe and a top'n'tilt setup from the Medford Kubota dealer. They shipped everything for less than the sales tax my California dealer would have charged. A while later I was visiting a buddy in Klamath Falls and picked up a couple fivers of SUDT, again no sales tax. But Oregon kills him with a really stiff property tax, and I couldn't take the long wet and snowy winters up there (though I did give it considerable thought...).

/ Kubota M62 Cranks, Won't Start, Backhoe/3PH Interlock Issue (SOLVED!) #37  
Looks like a pretty good deal to me! It's amazing what Google can find. When I was searching for that trenching bucket, it found Hunt Tractor in Central Point (Medford), Oregon. Kubota gets $969 for a 12" QUICK ATTACH TRENCHING BUCKET (K78720). They sold it to me for $600.00 OTD. Oregon doesn't charge sales tax, so while I was up there I ordered a thumb for the backhoe and a top'n'tilt setup from the Medford Kubota dealer. They shipped everything for less than the sales tax my California dealer would have charged. A while later I was visiting a buddy in Klamath Falls and picked up a couple fivers of SUDT, again no sales tax. But Oregon kills him with a really stiff property tax, and I couldn't take the long wet and snowy winters up there (though I did give it considerable thought...).
k... we need to talk cus that's my next purchase, I should buy through them, may be worth the road trip... (thumb and rear hyd)

/ Kubota M62 Cranks, Won't Start, Backhoe/3PH Interlock Issue (SOLVED!) #38  
Try as I might, I haven't managed to break it yet. But I do have a slow leak on one of the front tires that's probably a bad valve stem. Kubota uses rubber stems in the front, so I'm going to track down some steel ones. Anybody got a recommendation?
I wonder if it's not better to have rubber stems unless you have valve protectors on the rims - it seems to me that a rubber stem getting hit may cause a slow leak, but a metal stem is more likely to be broken off entirely?

You've re-instilled my faith in you. :) Can you elaborate on which hose you had to replace, I may get a backup made, thanks.
What a relief! I was afraid you figgered out just what kind of an idiot I really am...

It was one of the lines to the backhoe hydraulics, I think to the one that raised and lowered the boom. It was two years ago, and I'm a little fuzzy on it, but I do remember the 'hoe going limp and smelling hydraulic fluid. Here's a photo of the fittings the line connected to, taken inboard of the right rear wheel. I do remember pretty clearly what a PITA it was to get at it, though.
brokenHydraulicLineFittings.jpg

I wonder if it's not better to have rubber stems unless you have valve protectors on the rims - it seems to me that a rubber stem getting hit may cause a slow leak, but a metal stem is more likely to be broken off entirely?
There are metal protectors for the valve stem on the rim. But when you don't notice that the tire is flat (easy to do because the sidewalls are real stiff and the tire doesn't look flat even when there's no air in it), the bead unseats and pulls the inside end of the valve stem inside the tire. I'm a slow learner, and it's done it twice now. I'm gonna take a chance and order these.