Kubota M7040 Cab Questions

/ Kubota M7040 Cab Questions #1  

RFarmer

Tractor
Kubota
Hey guys,

Old man and I are looking at buying a new tractor for our farm. The old man is getting on a bit so I figured it's time to get him into a cab. The cold/heat isn't doing him much good particularly after his hip replacement.

We are thinking about an M7040 Kubota, the HP suits our needs and all round it seems pretty much perfect. However I am not entirely sure on the cab features? My sheets here don't really give any insight.

• Is there a standard/deluxe option for the M7040?
  • Is there a "radio" by default in the M7040 cab?
  • Is there any small features I should request that you'd probably come to expect? (I.e a radio)

Any insight from people with a Cab would be great. Heading down to a local dealer this weekend so I'll be able to clear it up then of course, but it'd be great to know what I am asking for before I go in there!

Cheers!

/ Kubota M7040 Cab Questions #2  
It has the Grand Ultra cab just like our 8540 which is very nice as is, but you can add defrosters, rear wiper, air ride seat and maybe a couple of other things. Our dealer gets all his M Series set up for a radio, but the OEM is pretty pricey, so he offers a couple they will hook up or you can get one somewhere else and put it in saving a good bit of money.

You should be able to go to the build site to see the available options.

/ Kubota M7040 Cab Questions #3  
Just bought one last month m7040 2wd with fel and cast iron rear wheels needed when moving round bales also tires are filled for extra weight. Only options I requested was a radio that the dealer added for free. You can add a rear wiper if like but I believe every thing else was standard.

/ Kubota M7040 Cab Questions #4  
I to bought a M series 6040 tractor with cab recently. Mine came with an OEM radio, weather channel and other crap you could hook up to the radio. Hyd shuttle shift, beet juice loaded rear tires, q.t. loader, brush guard, rear wiper, extra rear remotes, 4 wd, and seat option.
The cab is pretty easy to enter and climb out of with plenty of grab handles and width and height to the door.
The rear Grand cab window opens all the way even with the roof line,(I've had others that wouldn't open with rear wiper installed), when you want to feel the air but the side curved windows only swing out a couple of inches at best. Almost all the controls are on the right side of cab, so it gets a bit busy there.
All in all, lots of room in the cab, but not a lot of places to keep the usual junk that a farmer needs in a tractor cab, i.e. sunglasses, notebook pad, gloves, fire extinguisher, etc..