Ballast Kubota M7040 front weight bracket?

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #71  
Ugh.................. OK if you say so. :cool: Enough of getting side tracked, here are some pics of the mount by itself. The mount itself is about 100lbs & just pins onto the OEM weight bracket. :cool:

Good job on the bracket Brian. What I like best is the ease of mounting/dismounting the bracket. Makes it a lot more desirable to use.

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket?
I got my weight bracket in yesterday and it looks really good, and its really heavy too, now I just need to get some weights and I will be set.

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #73  
I got my weight bracket in yesterday and it looks really good, and its really heavy too, now I just need to get some weights and I will be set.

And pictures.

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #74  

Your dealer may have some offbrand weights that are similar to the Kubota weights for less money.

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #75  
Yeah I agree. Almost all brands of suitcase weights will fit your bracket. Shop around. Make it a goal to not pay $1 per pound for weights. They can be found much cheaper with patience and diligence. Have you got any used machinery lots around. I'm talking about the kind that you never pay much attention to and look like they haven't sold anything forever. They've usually got a pile of used weights laying in the weeds.

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #76  
I looked high and low and could not find weights for my bx for $1 a pound. I am glad I did not need a lot.

I took pics of the bracket but I didn't put it on the tractor yet because it wont fit with the factory bumper/grill guard so i'm going to fab up a grill guard on the weight bracket so I wont loose any protection, i will probably make something like you have ovrszd.

Last edited:
This is a pic of the weight bracket that I bought but now I have to find some weights, my dealer said $1.00per lbs. the bracket weights 72lbs by its self image.jpg