Ballast Kubota M7040 front weight bracket?

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #1  

nauxier16

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota M7040 4wd Hydraulic Shuttle
Hey guys,
I am looking for a factory Kubota or equivilent front weight bracket to hang some suit case weights on my M7040 so I can take my FEL off to do my bush hogging. I know my local dealer can get it but im over an hour away and its hard on the working man to get much shopping done. Any one that knows where I could find one I would greatly appreciate the help!

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #2  
Why do you need weights?

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket?
I need the weights to help hold the front of the tractor on the ground while im bush hogging for better traction because I live in eastern Ky and we have some really steep ground around here.

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #4  
Hey guys,
I am looking for a factory Kubota or equivilent front weight bracket to hang some suit case weights on my M7040 so I can take my FEL off to do my bush hogging. I know my local dealer can get it but im over an hour away and its hard on the working man to get much shopping done. Any one that knows where I could find one I would greatly appreciate the help!
Sorry I've not come across many aftermarket brackets for Kubota's M series somewhere i saw some for the L series and possibly b series , I'm interested in one for my M8540 as well. The dealer one is fairly pricey

Why do you need weights?
Guessing his brush hog is not a light weight bush hog made from recycled beer cans. a good medium duty 6 or 7 foot bush hog can easily weigh 1000 -1200 lbs and be 10 feet long thats a lot of weight cantilevered over a long distance. I'm sure he'd prefer to use the steering wheel to turn instead of the turn brakes. Leaving the loader on presents two problems. the added length and they get bounced around and the pins take a beating

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #5  
Why take the loader off?

Thanks xring100 you are exactly right!

its easier to see without it and it puts alot of weight higher on the tractor, even thought im running dual rear tires its best to keep the weight closer to ground.

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #8  
Why take the loader off?
I take my loader off because i'm not bush hogging a field but rather around and through clusters of trees and some field. above 3-4 mph by property is to rough and it bounces the loader around with or without bucket. I can only assume he has a similar situation. you have to worry not only about swinging the bush hog into a tree when turning but also the loader. Tractor loader and bush hog is pushing 30ft in length

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #10  
I've mowed some crazy stuff with the loaders on and never had any problems.

My 9540 has fluid in the front tires, have you given that any thought?

I think we'd all like to see a picture of your 7040 with duals!