Buying Advice Kubota M7040

/ Kubota M7040 #21  
i have a 7040su 1153 fel shuddle shift the only problems the rear end light have the cast centers loaded tires i had the back end come up a few times whhen moving dirt and the other problem is the tractors lack of traction i have 60 hrs on it i wish i would have gotten the 8540 the 8 speed tranny is not enough gears im having the dealer install the creeper kit best of luck to you

/ Kubota M7040 #22  
Bubbit said:
Just talked with a John Deere Dealer and he has a 2010 5075M with 553 Loader, no cab but with Canopy with 120 hours on it. Wants $38,300. Any thoughts on this deal. Comparing it to a new Kubota 7040M comparably equipped for 35,500. Both in Alabama
Personally would go with the JD if it is the 5075M. Are you certain it is not the 5075E? For some reason I thought they were matching the 563 loader to these units. One other question would be the type transmission as there are choices and can be the difference between a dry clutch or wet clutch.

/ Kubota M7040 #23  
I have 200 hrs on my M7040 and it's done everything that I've ask and it's a pleasure to run. A cab would be nice but we have a lot of trees here in East Texas and I would have beat it to death by now.

Charlie

/ Kubota M7040 #24  
the 7040 is a real good tractor.an it should do everything you ask of it.but as said id get the hydro shuttle tranny.the main thing is to rig your tractor up the way you want it from the start.

/ Kubota M7040
I have the M7040 being delivered Thursday. Thanks for the comments. I am using a LandPride 1872 cutter, PD25 post hole digger and front end loader with the tractor. I'll let you all no how things are going. Based on the most recent comments I hope I don't turn the tractor over. Most work initially will be bush hog and clearing and some fence posts.

/ Kubota M7040
Thanks Charlie I'm excited about taking delivering of mine this week. No cab either just canopy.

/ Kubota M7040
You are right. I did go with the hydraulic Shuttle tranny. I have one rear valve and the third function on the front end loader. I think I need to go get a grease gun!!!

/ Kubota M7040
Are you moving loose dirt and having problems or are you digging in hard soil?