Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #21  
I don't have any real input on these specific models as I prefer older, basic John Deere's. But I can tell you that if you get the 2wd tractor vs the 4wd tractor you will kick yourself in the very near future. A
2wd loader tractor is good for moving hay and stuff like that(still not as good as the 4wd tho). But for what you are looking to do with the machine you really need and will want a 4wd machine. That being said if you have $xxxxx amount of money to spend I would personally spend my money on buying the 4wd machine. I bought my first one about 5 years ago and Lord willing I will never go without one again.

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A
Looks like we're throwing the Farmall 65A into the mix now. Dropping down to the 65A may make the 4x4 affordable ($2500 less than M7040SU). From the spec sheet, it looks like the 65A and 75A are identical except for 10 HP. I guess they just turn up the fuel injection to get more HP? Any thoughts on dropping down to the 65A?

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #23  
I'd go see your Kioti dealer in Smithfield, and find out how you can get the same amount of power, FEL lifting capacity, 3pt lift capacity, 4x4, and a bunch of other stuff for significantly less $, or get more power, and throw in a cab, for the same money as what you're looking at now (no, I don't own a Kioti). Looks like they're only 15mi or so from you...worth a look, if only to gain some bargaining chips to use with whatever dealer you choose (extra remotes, etc).

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #24  
Looks like we're throwing the Farmall 65A into the mix now. Dropping down to the 65A may make the 4x4 affordable ($2500 less than M7040SU). From the spec sheet, it looks like the 65A and 75A are identical except for 10 HP. I guess they just turn up the fuel injection to get more HP? Any thoughts on dropping down to the 65A?

My guess is for what you plan to do with it, you won't even notice the 10HP. But you will certainly notice the difference with the 4wd. And typically 4wd will always outpull the same power tractor in a 2wd offering for obvious reasons.

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #25  
I had a 75A with a FEL as a demo on the farm last year, as I need a bigger loader for some jobs I am starting to do. I have to say while I was happy with the tractor for everything else I used it for, for loader work the 8x2 transmission really didn't agree with me. I want a few more reverse gears for loader work.

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #26  
I'd go see your Kioti dealer in Smithfield, and find out how you can get the same amount of power, FEL lifting capacity, 3pt lift capacity, 4x4, and a bunch of other stuff for significantly less $, or get more power, and throw in a cab, for the same money as what you're looking at now (no, I don't own a Kioti). Looks like they're only 15mi or so from you...worth a look, if only to gain some bargaining chips to use with whatever dealer you choose (extra remotes, etc).

this +1

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #27  
Case makes an excellent tractor

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #28  
Speaking from the experience from Kansas and Missouri baling, I would go with Case, NH, or Deere (of the same class) over the Kubota's. Kubota makes just enough tractor to get by, then will add weight in the rims with cast centers and a less than adequate 3pt. I'm not talking capacity for lift, I mean the strength to absorb an unseen hole with a bale on the 3pt without breaking the top link out of the casing. 1,000 pounds shows its worth when the going gets tough and years down the road in durability.

Kubota makes a fine tractor for hobby farms or when you use a tractor oversized for the job, but too light in the pants for me.

/ Kubota M7040SU vs Case IH / FArmall 75A #29  
now im not being mean when i say this.but we have a jx80 case 4x4 rops fel a kubota 7040su rops 4x4 fel plus a jd 6105d cab 4x4.the case and jd sitt in the shed for a almost a year with out being used.and when they are used its in the hay field raking an baling hay.the jx80 and 7040 haul ion and stack the hay.the 7040 is the main work horse.the jx80 will get used some more doing the fall shredding.