Kubota M7060. Canadian dealer price. Is it normal?

/ Kubota M7060. Canadian dealer price. Is it normal? #1  

Tristimulus

Tractor
B2320
I'm looking to buy M7060 tractor for land clearing, moving logs, skidding, moving large rocks, snow removal, loading, unloading lumber, feed, gravel driveway maintance, making new driveway, helping to build workshop, barns and so on.
I want to buy Kubota tractor, because John Deere is overpriced from my opinion and dealers of other manufactures are small and can close any day.
There is only one Kubota dealer in 500mi range.

I've asked to quote
M7060 12 speed , ROPS, 4WD with 3 remote valves (2 fd), Creep gear, Canopy, front and rear lights, loader M26 (Aio brand) with self level, and 3rd function and 72" bucket
The dealer quote:
$58,983 CAD = $46,080 USD
Plus M26 loader
$12,500 CAD = $9,765 USD

I will exclude loader from the price, in order to figure out just price of the tractor.

By looking on Kubota.ca web site I can find
MSRP for my M7060: $48,066 CAD = $37,551 USD

The parts which I want have MSRP
2 rear remotes with 2 float detents $2,109 CAD = $1,648 USD
Creep speed kit $861 CAD = $674 USD
Canopy $741 CAD = $578 USD
Lights $269 CAD = $210 USD
Total for options:
$3,980 CAD = $3,109 USD

So if I add options and MSRP for the tractor it will be
$52,046 CAD = $40,660 USD

So I've asked daler why
MSRP for tractor with options is
$52,046 CAD and his quote is $58,983 CAD

His answer was:
We are not calculating price based on MSRP, we don't even know what MSRP for the tractor is, we are calculating price based on price Kubota Canada sell us tractor plus price of options plus price of installing those options and assembling tractor plus some small amount to run dealership.
For example he said:
Price of creep speed kit is $861 CAD, but installing it cost over $1,200 CAD = $937 USD, so total for creep speed kit is over $2,061 CAD = $1,610 USD
He said he can sell me creep speed kit for $861 CAD if I want to install it myself.

So I've asked him for the M7060 price without any optons and I'm waiting for the answer.

This is my first experience buying new tractor, so my question is:
Is it the same for the rest of Canada?
Are tractors sold for more than MSRP?

Thanks for looking.

/ Kubota M7060. Canadian dealer price. Is it normal? #2  
If you have cash buy used tractor. If you buy few years old tractor it will have just plain diesel without all the annoyance associated with the Tier IV stuff.

/ Kubota M7060. Canadian dealer price. Is it normal? #3  
Sounds like he is trying to hose you a bit IMO.

/ Kubota M7060. Canadian dealer price. Is it normal? #4  
Last edited:
   / Kubota M7060. Canadian dealer price. Is it normal? #5  
There is only one Kubota dealer in 500mi range.
I think that dealer is taking advantage of the situation. Lack of competition.

When your dealer gives you the price of the tractor alone, that will tell the story. It seams to me he should have been able to give you that price while you were there.

I just purchased a Kubota L5060, however if I were in need of a heftier tractor it would have been a M7060 12 speed , ROPS, 4WD. I had previously spec. it out and think it's one fine machine.

/ Kubota M7060. Canadian dealer price. Is it normal?
I've got price for the bare M7060 HD12 (which is 4WD, ROPS 12 speed)
$47,300 CAD = $36,953 USD
I found new M7060 in US online for $36,060 USD which is almost the same, because exchange rate flactuate every day.
I understand online US price is likely not the best US price and my dealer gave me probably his best price.
So the bottom line is:
Canadian dealer is giving a reasonable base price for the tractor, but options are too high from my point of view.
$3,980 CAD of options cost $7,703 CAD to install.
$7703 / 100$ per hour = 77 hours = almost 2 weeks of work.

I wanted to buy option with tractor, to save on installation price, but it looks like it doesn't matter, dealer will charge full install price regardless
My biggest issue is a creep speed kit.
In order to install it, all oils need to be drained. it is much easier to do on the tractor without oil, then it arrived to a dealer in the crate from Kubota.
I've tried tractor without creep speed kit and it is moving too fast in the first gear, so I need creep speed kit to feel comfortable for hooking up implements and doing precision loading work.

I've looked at used tractors and there is non in Canada in 500 mi range in 70hp range.
Also I don't have trailer which can haul M7060. I need to buy or rent one.

Virginia is too far from me unfortunatelly.

So I'm not sure what to do.

/ Kubota M7060. Canadian dealer price. Is it normal? #7  
Every area and every dealer is different.
Around here, buying a new machine, the dealer does not add labor to dealer installed options.

I would check to see if the tractor can be ordered from Kubota with the options you want. You may have to wait a few months but sounds like you could save a lot.

Also, that dealer might change his tune if you tell him to order the tractor as you want it. Typically dealers want to move one off the lot instead of ordering.

/ Kubota M7060. Canadian dealer price. Is it normal? #8  
Have you considered buying a used construction TLB, finishing the heavy construction work, then buying a tractor? When I was in you position I bought a Case 580D, used it for 5 years, them sold it for what I paid for it originally. Then I bought a smaller tractor. TLB's seem to hold their value and they will take more abuse than an AG tractor.

Dealers will sell to you for whatever they think you're willing to pay for it. Shop around I think you will see a range of prices. FYI dealers get to sit on inventory a year before they have to start making payments.

/ Kubota M7060. Canadian dealer price. Is it normal? #9  
I've got price for the bare M7060 HD12 (which is 4WD, ROPS 12 speed)
$47,300 CAD = $36,953 USD
I found new M7060 in US online for $36,060 USD which is almost the same, because exchange rate flactuate every day.
I understand online US price is likely not the best US price and my dealer gave me probably his best price.
So the bottom line is:
Canadian dealer is giving a reasonable base price for the tractor, but options are too high from my point of view.
$3,980 CAD of options cost $7,703 CAD to install.
$7703 / 100$ per hour = 77 hours = almost 2 weeks of work.

I wanted to buy option with tractor, to save on installation price, but it looks like it doesn't matter, dealer will charge full install price regardless
My biggest issue is a creep speed kit.
In order to install it, all oils need to be drained. it is much easier to do on the tractor without oil, then it arrived to a dealer in the crate from Kubota.
I've tried tractor without creep speed kit and it is moving too fast in the first gear, so I need creep speed kit to feel comfortable for hooking up implements and doing precision loading work.

I've looked at used tractors and there is non in Canada in 500 mi range in 70hp range.
Also I don't have trailer which can haul M7060. I need to buy or rent one.

Virginia is too far from me unfortunatelly.

So I'm not sure what to do.

Wow, what dealers only charge $100/hr? Do they just have high school kids working there?

/ Kubota M7060. Canadian dealer price. Is it normal? #10  
What part of the country are you in? My neighbor is selling a M7040 in north eastern Alberta.