Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E; Kubota DPF

/ Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E; Kubota DPF #1  

Catchad81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060
Hello all! I've followed the forums off and on for a while now and always find comments informative and interesting. I'm in the market to upsize my Kubota MX5100 2wd. We have a 30 acre place we have been working on with an excavator, dozer, backhoe, etc. Now I'm done and have grass for the most part, getting rid of the excavator, and want a tractor with a loader. The MX5100 came in the purchase of the property and is has serviced well in getting the land ready. A bit little for the horsepower and I don't want to put a loader on a 2wd.

I'm debating between the Deere 5075 and the Kubota M7060, cab unit. Currently trying out the Deere and my main issue is the range selector in the side of my leg or under my knee all the time. Very uncomfortable the longer I stay in the cab. Can be modified with a shorter level, but don't know why the engineers miss this.

Plan to demo the Kubota tomorrow. I've set in the cab before and my first thought is how I will like the 3 point level while using it for box blading or plowing. Beyond that, my other concern with the Kubota is the DPF. I've read that Kubota is releasing engines without the DPF next year and the engine in the M7060 is in this line up.

My questions are:

1) Between the two machines, what are your most recent opinions?
2) If I decide to go with the Kubota, would you wait for the engine without DPF and go ahead it?

Please note that I'm aware some folks say try to find a left over or used M7040. I've searched prices and availablity and do not see it as an option. Thank you.

/ Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E; Kubota DPF #2  
I would go with the Kubota in this instance, because I haven't heard the best things about the E series deeres. Have you considered a Case 75C?

/ Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E; Kubota DPF
I would go with the Kubota in this instance, because I haven't heard the best things about the E series deeres. Have you considered a Case 75C?

No, haven't considered the Case. I come from a farming background, row crops, and Deere is king, in my eyes on 100hp and up. On the smaller tractors, I'm not so sure. However, in my local area which is not close to the family farm, Deere, Kubota, and maybe New Holland are the dealers to look at. Deere is in town, the others are 45 minutes or so.

/ Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E; Kubota DPF #4  
I have a M7060 with 275 hours. No problems or issues, crank the engine and push the auto button for the regen and go to work. It's not a big issue for me.

/ Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E; Kubota DPF #5  
I asked several questions of Kubota on the DPF issue. At this point, Kubota WILL NOT use engines without the DPF in their own tractors. The engine division will build and sell them, but they will not use them. The reason I'm told is that for the design to work the engine needs to run at a much higher temperature. they must be worried about the long term life in a tractor application.

The replacement to the M7060 will be the M5.071 (I think) that will have uera and a DPF.

/ Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E; Kubota DPF #6  
I have a deere 5E series that has problems. At no point have I pulled into kubota to check them out over deere. Deere is making my problem tractors right by giving me another new tractor. If I didn't do deere, it would've been a new holland t4.75. I liked that tractor too but the blue cab was a bit much for my tastes.

The 5075e is a tier II and that was a huge selling feature for me. The emmissions stuff makes me nervous. Atleast on my truck if it starts having problems I can delete it. Don't know about doing that on a tractor.

Brett

/ Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E; Kubota DPF #7  
When buying my M9540 Kubota I looked at Deere and New Holland. M model Deere was $6K higher than the Kubota with less HP. New Holland was closer but still a bit higher. I was really undecided between the Kubota and NH. Logistics made the decision for me.

I did not look at the E series Deere. My local dealer steered me away from it. Said they are having too many petty problems, mostly due to poor assembly QA.

Good luck with your search and definitely let us know what you decide.

/ Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E; Kubota DPF #8  
I did not look at the E series Deere. My local dealer steered me away from it. Said they are having too many petty problems, mostly due to poor assembly QA.

Good luck with your search and definitely let us know what you decide.

From what I've read this is exactly the problem Rusty is dealing with his

/ Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E; Kubota DPF
I asked several questions of Kubota on the DPF issue. At this point, Kubota WILL NOT use engines without the DPF in their own tractors. The engine division will build and sell them, but they will not use them. The reason I'm told is that for the design to work the engine needs to run at a much higher temperature. they must be worried about the long term life in a tractor application.

The replacement to the M7060 will be the M5.071 (I think) that will have uera and a DPF.

That's the best response I've got out if any of the Kubota dealers.

I've demoed both the 5075e and the M7060. Like from the seat forward on the m70 as the engine is quieter smoother, turn is shorter, feel control better placed. Like from the seat back on the deere as the position of the control lever and view of implement is better. Also on the deere lift arms go to 37" off the ground vs 33" with the kubota. This is a clearance issue my mx6 cutter. Looks like there may be an inch of adjustment somewhere but couldn't be more than that as the lift arms could hit the bottom of the lift cylinders. Anyone had this problem?

Going to look at the nh 4.75 in the morning.

/ Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E; Kubota DPF #10  
Messicks has it right about Kubota's current plans. It's possible under current regulations for them to put a non-DPF engine in place, but they will need to sacrifice performance and endurance. Some things like fast engine response tend to generate smoke which the DPF can handle. An alternative is sluggish response. There are other pluses that generated Kubota's direction. Still there are a lot of engine customers who wanted engines without DPF and Kubota is one of the world's largest engine suppliers so they can give the customers multiple engine selections, but won't sacrifice their tractor performance and endurance just to say they don't have a DPF.