Price Check Kubota MX5100 HST

/ Kubota MX5100 HST
Good info, I really apreciate the fuel #s orange. That is what I was looking for. As earlier Im looking at MX5100 HST FEL and R4. Sounds about like yous. You had any concerns or things to be aware of? I saw an earlier post about the rear tires being too wide if using the FEL for grading. It said the tires were wider than the FEL loader so you would leave tire tracks if you back dragged with the bucket. Not a big concern but something to remember.

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #52  
My tires are 6ft wide so is the bucket, I don't do a lot of grading but when I do anything other than back dragging my 50yrd driveway I put my 8ft blade on. I do mainly brush hogging and I have to overlap the width of the front tires since I have a 6ft deck (prefer a 7-8ft but I travel a lot on the trailer.

ForumRunner_20131012_094102.png

I've not had any problems or concerns with the tractor other than the weight I mentioned earlier.

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #53  
Is there some place I can get good accurate true comparisons of the loader and 3 point capabilities on the Kubota line? I find this mis leading in the way presented, and I'm studying this....since a tractor purchase is on the horizon for me.

Tractor data is usually pretty reliable on the specs, but it's really more an issue of awareness than anything else. Every company seems to list their data slightly different (although everyone seems to hold to the pin/24" numbers for the 3pt, and pin/800mm numbers for the FEL), so it can be harder to compare across brands. For example, some list the max lift capacity with the bucket, and some without...but you can't always tell whether they included the bucket or not.

I'm writing a fairly extensive buyer's guide for prospective tractor owners that covers this sort of stuff. I've bounced it off some of the more experienced folks here, and added their suggestions input...figure it'll be another week before I'm ready to post a fairly polished version, but the portion on the actual machines is pretty complete....send me an e-mail if you'd like to see it.

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #54  
He can always drag it. We always used to drag things before loaders were so available.

I couldn't even drag this...had to roll it. The pic reminds me to go a shade darker on the counterweight paint :)

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #56  
That is a cool pic, Gman! I've never needed or wanted to move any rocks that large. But have skidded (dragged) many Oak and Walnut logs that neither of my loaders would come close to lifting. :cool:

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #57  
We used to have a steel plate laying around that we would roll rocks on, then drag them on that. Much easier dragging and easier on the soil.

/ Kubota MX5100 HST #58  
Rolling works too. Great picture. I recall your counterweight thread, it was a great idea.

Thanks...I was sure I was going to bust a tooth on the toothbar when I tackled this one!