Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW!

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #11  
ART,
To let you know the HST auto throttle is not new to the compact industry. Massey Ferguson has had it on the 1500 series Hydro's since it came out in 2005. I looked at a 1533 Hydro back then and noticed it but I still like powershuttle transmissions. The stall guard on Deere won't let me lug the engine down and get into that good high torque zone for disking or pushing into a hard pile with a loader, it just pulls off the hydro until I stop. I haven't run the Kubota's 40 series to know how sensitive their stall guard is.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #12  
Curious, do you guys with tractors without stall guard have a problem stalling your tractor? I have never found that to be a problem. Maybe I"m just that good. :p

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #13  
I've got 105 hours on mine and stalled it 2 or 3 times trying to get a full load of gravel in the bucket.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #14  
You can stall the tractor by going up a hill in high range. If I am not mistaken, Stall Guard will automatically change the HST "gearing" (pump output and swash plate settings) to keep the tractor from stalling out. The new Kubota brochure does a better job of explaining it that I can.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #15  
MadReferee said:
You can stall the tractor by going up a hill in high range. If I am not mistaken, Stall Guard will automatically change the HST "gearing" (pump output and swash plate settings) to keep the tractor from stalling out. The new Kubota brochure does a better job of explaining it that I can.

Actually, you can stall it plowing into a pile of dirt in low or medium range. After stalling it a couple of times you quickly learn the signals needed to prevent it from happening again. Just knowing that your going to be loading the engine because of the task clues you in, rapid RPM loss being key. Your toe either quickly learns exactly how to compensate or you I suppose never learn and hope someday they make a HST tractor that does not do that and so wahlah.....

The same principal applies to manual tractors as well except the clutch is utilized to prevent the stall.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #16  
chuschu said:
ART,
To let you know the HST auto throttle is not new to the compact industry. Massey Ferguson has had it on the 1500 series Hydro's since it came out in 2005. I looked at a 1533 Hydro back then and noticed it but I still like powershuttle transmissions. The stall guard on Deere won't let me lug the engine down and get into that good high torque zone for disking or pushing into a hard pile with a loader, it just pulls off the hydro until I stop. I haven't run the Kubota's 40 series to know how sensitive their stall guard is.

actually I drove a Massey fergusen (t35 I think) 1989 model that had auto trottle and hydro clutch two (two peddal,forward,reverse, not quite hydrostatic) It was the easiest to operate loader tractor in the world at that time.

But back to kubota this is exactly what I was trying to explain on my "new 4240" post. this tractor is a dream to drive.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #17  
LaVita said:
I've got 105 hours on mine and stalled it 2 or 3 times trying to get a full load of gravel in the bucket.

right, you still need to go to a lower range or keep your foot steady on the pedal and use the hand throttle to give it more juice

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #18  
_RaT_ said:
Actually, you can stall it plowing into a pile of dirt in low or medium range. After stalling it a couple of times you quickly learn the signals needed to prevent it from happening again. Just knowing that your going to be loading the engine because of the task clues you in, rapid RPM loss being key. Your toe either quickly learns exactly how to compensate or you I suppose never learn and hope someday they make a HST tractor that does not do that and so wahlah..... .
Yep, but Stall Guard takes all the "thinking" and "learning" out of it. Even city slickers who think they are equipment operators can now have fun.:D

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #19  
MadReferee said:
Yep, but Stall Guard takes all the "thinking" and "learning" out of it. Even city slickers who think they are equipment operators can now have fun.:D

Sounds like a great idea. I would like to see it, touch it, try it. I wonder if the electrical gets anymore confusing? I hate electrical issues. :(

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #20  
_RaT_ said:
Sounds like a great idea. I would like to see it, touch it, try it.
I have and it does take some getting used to especially if it's in what Kubota calls Mode 3.
_RaT_ said:
I wonder if the electrical gets anymore confusing? I hate electrical issues. :(
The new Grand L40 brochure has several pages explaining the ins and outs of the transmission and all the options/modes. From the user standpoint it's just pressing a button to select your transmission Mode. From a technical perspective, well I guess you need to be an engineer to figure it all out but the brochure does try to explain it so the average person can sort of understand.