Kubota No Power Steering is this a Problem

/ Kubota No Power Steering is this a Problem #11  
Be careful with the no power steering tractor. I had a B8200 with no power steering, no loader, it was a good tractor but a little hard to steer when there was weight on the front end. I was brush mowing one day and I hit a hidden stump with the right front tire. The tractor steering wheel spun very quickly clockwise. I had a spinner knob on the steering wheel to aid in steering and the knob hit the back of my hand breaking it (my hand). This would not have happened with power steering as the hydraulics would have dampened the effect of the wheel pushing against the stump. I could not imagine a loader on that tractor, you would have some muscled up arms. Why not look at a new tractor, o% down, 0% loan for 60 months and you can finance your implements with the tractor (at Kubota). That way you could get exactly what you want with a warranty and save your cash for an emergency IE a major appliance breaking down. Just my 2 cents.

/ Kubota No Power Steering is this a Problem #12  
Thanks GaryCrowell and all. Why you say you wouldn't pick either?....
I would also not buy either... I would wait for one with HST and PS. Also, I hate to see a new paint job (original paint will tell you how well it was kept, IMHO). Do you *have* to buy now. I bet as soon as you do, a better deal will come a long... (it always does :)).

I looked at your profile: Type of Member - Homeowner (51-100 acres)

What do you plan to do with this tractor??? (planned jobs and what not?)

/ Kubota No Power Steering is this a Problem
All good points. Everyone on here is great. New to this as of 24hours.

Reasons on the price is I am on a fixed budget. Building a new house. Gotta pay cash for this. Look at brand new ones yesterday for around $12K with loader for B2360. That's just too much for me right now with everything else going on. I have to drive 3 hours tomorrow to see the one with Power Steering and no HST but it's bigger, and I agree on the PS would be a big plus for me. I have a lot of yard dirt work to do with the new house. I'll only need to add a Box/Blade and a Rotary Tiller so I'll be shopping hard for those implements. As far as buying now....no, doesn't have to happen however every evening as the house is going up I keep thinking man, I could be out at the property getting the yard and dirt piles from the basement moved around. I'd like to be able to start spring working on landscaping not still moving dirt around.

/ Kubota No Power Steering is this a Problem #14  
If I may offer my 2 cents

Go to Tractorhouse.com and click on

"Search For Sale Listings" in the left red column.

Then choose Kubota and skip a model number and input your price range.

You can then select specific states to search too

It will bring up all the Kubota's in your price range in the area you selected.

Hopefully then, you can more easily find something you are interested in and in your price range that has all of your wanted and needed options

If there isn't a tractor in your area, it will at least give you an idea of what the asking prices are in your area...

_in the search function you can search by HP , model # and more

I searched for Kubota in the price range of 2k to 8k and chose the whole USA as an area and I came up with 8 pages of tractors

/ Kubota No Power Steering is this a Problem #15  
All good points. Everyone on here is great. New to this as of 24hours.

Reasons on the price is I am on a fixed budget. Building a new house. Gotta pay cash for this. Look at brand new ones yesterday for around $12K with loader for B2360. That's just too much for me right now with everything else going on. I have to drive 3 hours tomorrow to see the one with Power Steering and no HST but it's bigger, and I agree on the PS would be a big plus for me. I have a lot of yard dirt work to do with the new house. I'll only need to add a Box/Blade and a Rotary Tiller so I'll be shopping hard for those implements. As far as buying now....no, doesn't have to happen however every evening as the house is going up I keep thinking man, I could be out at the property getting the yard and dirt piles from the basement moved around. I'd like to be able to start spring working on landscaping not still moving dirt around.

Have you considered renting to better define your criteria and take a little pressure off?

/ Kubota No Power Steering is this a Problem
I have. There is a bigger model for rent...can't remember what size. But it comes with every implement delivered and picked up for $175 per day. That is insanely a good deal if you ask me. I might try that if my wallet doesn't burn a hole in my pocket first... :)

/ Kubota No Power Steering is this a Problem #17  
You've gotten a warm, but honest response from the guys here. Welcome aboard.

Orange isn't the issue, as many/most of the respondents own Orange or are color blind. Kubota is indeed in the top rung.

The problem is our experience prevents us from sugar coating a response. The truth is? Overwhelmingly? Don't buy either. That is a lot cash to put toward something you aren't going to like, long term, end up having to flip.

Believe it or not, good tractors, in your price ranger or ever so slightly higher, do come along. Especially in this economy. Keep the faith.

Or, I'd be tempted to put $1000 of it down on a zero interest new one and use the $7000 for many, many other needed projects. Shoot, just keep the $7000 available to make the payments for the first 2 years.:)

/ Kubota No Power Steering is this a Problem #18  
I wouldn't tell you which one to buy or whether to even buy either, but it's a lot easier to add PS then HST. Just something to keep in mind.

/ Kubota No Power Steering is this a Problem #19  
Did the loader bucket look large on that 2150? It may just be photo angle.

MarkV

/ Kubota No Power Steering is this a Problem #20  
Welcome aboard. I'm in the same opinion to keep looking. As an example my first tractor is an old 14HP Power King (1973). Came with FEL, tandem transmissions (literly) and no PS. In order to do any serious FEL work I would overinflate the front tires to allow me to turn decent. It's a good tractor for what I was using if for and I still have it but my JD 5103 obviously outperforms it by 1000%. My point is that the little PK was only $2500. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't pay much more that what I paid. Unless it's a winter issue to where you have to move snow etc. and you aren't building immediately keep looking, the deals are out there and you should be able to keep in under budget. Also with tractors don't get wrapped up too much on hours or year. Look at how well the machine has been maintained. And a new paint job.......is where you look very carefully as someone "may" be trying to hide problems and is try to get the sale based on exterior looks.

Good luck.