Kubota not honoring original deal

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #11  
A question for the OP. Did you have anything in writing that locked in the backhoe price ? If yes, I would of made them honor it, or walked, before they had a chance to put it on my tractor. If no locked in pricing, you agreed to pay their price, so I would just be happy you got it, and try and let the pain eventually fade away. Complaining after the deal is done is just going to get you more upset. I would try to enjoy it, and let the pleasure of having it override the pain of having to pay extra to get the backhoe that you wanted.

That's what it would come down to for me. If there was anything in writing or even verbally that I felt was binding to both then I would expect them to honor it. Not talking about something as simple as a from them at the time - but something that I had agreed to honor - then I woud expect them to do the same. Otherwise they are being untrustworthy and people should know that.

But something to consider is that the tractor itself isn't affected by any of the dealer's promises. It can be a decent tractor for you regardless of how it got to you house. Same for the hoe.

If it is a hoe and matching L subframe it may be worth the extra. If it is a 3pt type hoe, they are not all that good anyway. 3pt hoes are inexpensive on the used market for a reason.

rScotty

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #12  
Mine took 13 months from order to delivery. Dealer said that if it had not come in by December 1st, 2023 the interest rate offer and price would have been voided by Kubota. Leaving the dealer to eat any loss or pass on to customer. They had many deals canceled before delivery.
As a customer, those kinds of changes like the "voided by Kubota" are business dealings between the dealer and Kubota. I'm not part of dealer/manufacturer discussions and it's none of my business what they do. A customer makes a deal is with the dealer, and a contract has to be signed and maybe some sort of money exchanged to make it valid.

But without a signed contract, there isn't any evidence of a deal. It's a business deal - those used to be personal but no longer are. Now it all comes down to a signed contract or not.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #13  
Pretty crappy way to do business.

Keep with these type of practices and the brand suffers

Last edited:
   / Kubota not honoring original deal #14  
If I already had my tractor back, I would tell them to write up an agreement that they would come pick up my tractor and within 2 business days would have the backhoe removed and my tractor delivered back to me or they would pay me x number of dollars per day for everyday that I was without my tractor, two can play that stupid little game, they had plenty of time to figure all of this out rather than waiting until 2 weeks after the backhoe was installed and your tractor delivered back to you.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #15  

“Yo-Yo” or Spot Delivery Financing​

Do a search on Yo-Yo or Spot Delivery Financing. Looks like an all too often practice in the shadier side of car sales. Not saying it necessarily applies in your case, but the similarities are a tad disturbing.

Good luck

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #16  
I understand the price increase.... kind of. But Kubota usually has some kind of 0 percent deal going on and not for just 2 years And it's not like they're losing money from the original deal
😂 😂 😂 Yeah it's zero percent after the jacked the price up $6K or $7K! 😂

I have to admit the zero percent financing scheme is effective at deceiving consumers.

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #19  
^ I do admit my green machine has the benefit of a garage/shelter from sun!

/ Kubota not honoring original deal #20  
Yeah it's zero percent after the jacked the price up $6K or $7K!

I have to admit the zero percent financing scheme is effective at deceiving consumers.

This always cracks me up.

The same can be said for any sub prime rate being offered. They are going to make their money one way or another.

Cash buy discounts when 0%, 1%, 2% and now even more is offered often don’t exist or are too small to make sense.

Kubota dealers around me won’t offer a discount, why would they?