Kubota or John Deere?

/ Kubota or John Deere? #21  
Robert,

Many auto parts stores make hoses too in our area. I agree that 8-9 hrs is an anomaly for hoses to break at the fitting - like said before just a fluke.

Kubota makes the primary elements in Japan (engine and frame) and the attachments here - FEL, wheels, tires, backhoes, etc. There are a few reasons for this, shipping, container costs, duty (they can declare a much lower cost not assembled and pay duty on the base unit) as well keep the end product quality high resulting in a happy long term customer.

Carl

/ Kubota or John Deere? #22  
Robert -I recently upgraded from a B7100 HSD (no problems, just needed more power), to a B2410 HSD. I NEVER had a hose fail on the old machine, broke a lot of fittings but never a hose failure. In the first 5 hours on the new machine, one hose had a pin hole, a second, blew right at the fitting just as you described, and a third developed a slow leak at the fitting. I have talked with my dealer and he says that he is finding fitting failures to be common on the new machines. He has reported the problem to Kubota (no word back yet). He suspects that they may be crimping the hoses too tight at the factory. My guess would be they are not seating the hoses all the way in the fitting before they crimp them. In any case it is not good.I actually prefer the older hose system that had break away fittings. Usually, all you needed was to carry spare fittings and in five min. you could be back at work. Now if you break a fitting you have to build a new hose. Progress I guess??I have the same problem with the 2:00 pm breakage delima. I have found that the local auto parts store (speed shop, not Trak auto) can make hoses and they use hose stock thats rated at 6000 psi instead of the 3000 that comes with the tractor. They are open till 7:00 pm Saturdays (race day), and the longest hose on the loader only costs $9.00 to duplicate fittings and all from the auto shop. Good luck.

/ Kubota or John Deere? #23  
You are right on the money. If you are a tall person JD is the way to go. Very noticable difference.
I'm average height so I went with Kubota. Both tractor lines are so well built it would be difficult to make out substantial differences.
What ever fits best and who ever has the best dealer in town.

/ Kubota or John Deere? #24  
<font color=blue>You are right on the money. If you are a tall person JD is the way to go. Very noticable difference. I'm average height so I went with Kubota. </font color=blue>

Odd, I bought an L3410 HST after a long test run of the JD4300 HST. I thought the Kubota was the better fit and I am 6' 2". I guess we all have different ideas of "fit".

Oh well, drive 'em both and go with the best one for you.

John Bud

/ Kubota or John Deere? #25  
Even more odd... I'm 6'-5" and chose a B7500 over a JD4110 or 4115. I feel I have good room to stretch the legs. Whatever the case, I still don't have a Japanese butt to fit the Japanese seat! Can't wait 'til it wears out (the seat) so I can replace it with one with armrests. Any ideas on a good replacement for a B7500? That's one thing JD has over Kubota... better cush for the bisquits!

/ Kubota or John Deere? #26  
I own a 7500 and agree the seat is to basic. I sat on a 2710 and loved that seat but that machince was just to many $ for me. There is a couple of seats I've seen at TSC. The one I want is of course the most expensive ($150). Maybe when it goes on sale I will get it.

/ Kubota or John Deere? #27  
I agree the seat is not very good. There was a post awhile back where someone put a B-2410 seat on the B-7500. I thinking about checking it out. P.S my biscuts are bit large for the seat also/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Kubota or John Deere? #28  
I would check out the seat height of the B-2410 compared to your B-7500. I have been checking out New Hollands for a while, I had sit on the TC18 and TC21D (same frame and seat) both ok but a little hard. I was waiting on the new TC24D (same frame as TC21) to purchase. The tractor came in and the new seat was 3-4 inches higher which made getting on and off the tractor difficult, your leg getting trapped between the steering wheel and seat. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ Kubota or John Deere? #29  
Maybe it was the seat adjustment? Who knows but I thougt the Deere had more leg room.
Regardless, the L3010 is a great tractor and I have no reservations about going with Kubota. I also have a great dealer.
The price was also much more competitive.

/ Kubota or John Deere? #30  
kubota was much better deal for me. I bought a b7500 after almost signing for a 4110